Details on the all new Haven on the Epic (Post-COVID) - Complete refurbishment of all Haven areas

Cruise Gopher

7 hours ago, caitlynambrai said:

Someone could really game the system with this knowledge.

Also, I am not sure how much they would save trying to use this, because the last I checked the spa suite and the 2 bedroom suite were about the same price (at least for the cruise I will be on). So there is potential to get a free upgrade, but it would probably not be worth it.

53 minutes ago, Spicker said:

This is my concern! I have called and my travel agent has called and we were both assured that there were still tubs in the room, and they said they would put a note in our account about our concern. I have been waiting to see pictures of the room so I could have proof, because they keep telling us not to trust the renderings. Did it look like the images they currently have on the website for the room?

You physically need proof, I was fortunate enough to print copies of email.

The rooms are standard and worth noting there’s a big overhang from above.

1 hour ago, Spicker said:

Also, I am not sure how much they would save trying to use this, because the last I checked the spa suite and the 2 bedroom suite were about the same price (at least for the cruise I will be on). So there is potential to get a free upgrade, but it would probably not be worth it.

For my upcoming cruise, the spa suite is priced so that we would save over 1500 if we booked it instead of the 2bedroom. 
Haven Penthouse suites are sold out right now for my cruise, but there are 6 of the family suites available. 
We want to keep our entire party in the Haven, proper, otherwise I’d consider playing this game. 

5 hours ago, Trimone said:

You physically need proof, I was fortunate enough to print copies of email.

The rooms are standard and worth noting there’s a big overhang from above.

Did you lose your thermal suite pass with the upgrade to the 2 bedroom suite?

4 hours ago, caitlynambrai said:

For my upcoming cruise, the spa suite is priced so that we would save over 1500 if we booked it instead of the 2bedroom. 

Wow, I just checked ours again and the 2 bedroom would be about $200 cheaper than the spa suite. 🤦‍♀️

It must be based upon what suites they have available. I would change my reservation if I didn't think it could mess up the flights that we booked through NCL

17 hours ago, Trimone said:

The haven spa suite is a standard cabin now, doesn’t even have a tub, we got moved to 2 bed in haven because I had paperwork from 23/08/2021 guaranteeing in had a hot tub!

Glad you ended up in a 2BR. How do you like its bathroom? Are the side jets in the shower working well?

On 9/14/2021 at 4:59 AM, Trimone said:

The haven spa suite is a standard cabin now, doesn’t even have a tub, we got moved to 2 bed in haven because I had paperwork from 23/08/2021 guaranteeing in had a hot tub!

On 9/14/2021 at 6:28 AM, Trimone said:

I asked my PCC for evidence it still had the tub, so he sent me the document that he uses, when I arrived and looked at the room I went straight back to Omar the haven concierge and said deal with it, he said my documents were like gold as evidence I had been miss sold !

moved before nighttime 

On 9/14/2021 at 7:00 AM, caitlynambrai said:

Someone could really game the system with this knowledge.

I think Trimone just got lucky onboard since they had extra 2BRs not occupied. The Haven Concierge probably just had authority to move them. Anybody calling up NCL Reservations or their TA is not going to get them to change them to a 2BR just because they have a screen shot of an old room description. 

If the Haven had been fully occupied, they would have told Trimone, sorry, and maybe thrown them a bottle of wine or something for the inconvenience. 

55 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

I think Trimone just got lucky onboard since they had extra 2BRs not occupied. The Haven Concierge probably just had authority to move them. Anybody calling up NCL Reservations or their TA is not going to get them to change them to a 2BR just because they have a screen shot of an old room description. 

If the Haven had been fully occupied, they would have told Trimone, sorry, and maybe thrown them a bottle of wine or something for the inconvenience. 

I’m afraid you’re wrong, I had a assurance from an NCL PCC guaranteeing a hot tub dated 23/08/2021, I have a medical condition that he is aware of, also since arriving home this issue has gone to the top on the PCC recommendation, remember I paid full price not an upgrade.

1 hour ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Anybody calling up NCL Reservations or their TA is not going to get them to change them to a 2BR just because they have a screen shot of an old room description.

I agree. The problem is if that's the room description when you booked it (and technically still is the room description) and they have reassured you multiple times that it is still true, they better do something more to fix it than a bottle of wine- especially since I don't drink 😆.

Like @Trimone was saying, he was in communication with them about the issue before hand and I think that is the difference. I do agree that it would be difficult and not guaranteed that everyone can use this supposed "loop hole."

I am going through a similar situation and just want to get an idea of what to expect when I board next month. I am glad that they updated the Haven rooms, but they should really better communicate some of the changes they made to other staff and cruisers who have already booked.

3 hours ago, Trimone said:

I’m afraid you’re wrong, I had a assurance from an NCL PCC guaranteeing a hot tub dated 23/08/2021, I have a medical condition that he is aware of, also since arriving home this issue has gone to the top on the PCC recommendation, remember I paid full price not an upgrade.

You said you went to the onboard concierge to rectify the situation AFTER you went to your original Haven Spa Suite room and found it didn’t have the hot tub (or any tub). What I am saying is you got lucky this time, if the Haven was full there wouldn’t be anything they could do. 

8 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

You said you went to the onboard concierge to rectify the situation AFTER you went to your original Haven Spa Suite room and found it didn’t have the hot tub (or any tub). What I am saying is you got lucky this time, if the Haven was full there wouldn’t be anything they could do. 

Let’s put it in perspective, if NCL hadn’t moved us I would have had a free cruise, in the U.K. we have the sale of goods act. I would have immediately done a change back with Amex under false misrepresentation of accommodation, and with all my paperwork I would have won easily 

• Like 2

On 9/15/2021 at 11:36 PM, Trimone said:

Let’s put it in perspective, if NCL hadn’t moved us I would have had a free cruise, in the U.K. we have the sale of goods act. I would have immediately done a change back with Amex under false misrepresentation of accommodation, and with all my paperwork I would have won easily 

I realise UK laws are a bit different but an AMEX chargeback is not as easy as you make it sound. I’m sure NCL has lots of legal language in the cruise contract that covers them for things like this too. 

On 5/11/2021 at 6:17 PM, nyc2pdx said:

The only thing I notice about the 2BR is that it needs a chair or something in the corner in the living room (under the TV).  Seems empty in that corner to me!

881x400_H6_Haven_2-Bedroom_Family_Villa_

Looking at my photos of our 2-br from the 17 & 18 crossings, there was an easy chair in the corner by the TV and a cabinet with a DVD player underneath the TV.  This is 16000, a forward facing H6 with the solarium balcony.

IMG_4352.thumb.jpeg.524a5090e752852eed240406f0d19491.jpeg

On 9/14/2021 at 11:10 PM, voyager1964 said:

Glad you ended up in a 2BR. How do you like its bathroom? Are the side jets in the shower working well?

The first time we cruised in a 2-BR suite was on Jade in 2010.  I loved that spa shower so much that when we got home we did a complete renovation on our master bathroom and installed a spa shower.  Water bill skyrocketed, but totally worth it.  😀  The 2-BR is the only cabin we've used since.  Totally addicted to it.  I think I will miss not being to look straight out to the ocean while lying on the bed, though.

1 hour ago, voyager1964 said:

@Carnac767 May I ask you why did not you select the forward-looking 2BR on your second Epic voyage? 

We just wanted to try something different.  We were in 16017 for the second crossing.  The forward facing balcony is glass-enclosed, with two sliding windows you can open.  I enjoyed the forward facing view but DW wanted to try an open air balcony, so we booked one on the starboard side.  That way we'd always have sun on our balcony during the crossing.  We picked 16017 because it was right by the pool.  There is no wrong answer.  Both cabins were great.  Our balcony gave us a great view of Sardinia as we traveled the Strait of Bonifacio between Corsica and Sardinia.  Then we'd dash over to the outdoor patio bar on the other side of the ship to look at Corsica.  For our next cruise we've booked a forward facing again, this time on deck 17, again just for something different.  But DW is sort of passive/aggressive hinting that she'd rather have a starboard cabin again, and she usually wins.

14 hours ago, Carnac767 said:

We just wanted to try something different.  We were in 16017 for the second crossing.  The forward facing balcony is glass-enclosed, with two sliding windows you can open.  I enjoyed the forward facing view but DW wanted to try an open air balcony, so we booked one on the starboard side.  That way we'd always have sun on our balcony during the crossing.  We picked 16017 because it was right by the pool.  There is no wrong answer.  Both cabins were great.  Our balcony gave us a great view of Sardinia as we traveled the Strait of Bonifacio between Corsica and Sardinia.  Then we'd dash over to the outdoor patio bar on the other side of the ship to look at Corsica.  For our next cruise we've booked a forward facing again, this time on deck 17, again just for something different.  But DW is sort of passive/aggressive hinting that she'd rather have a starboard cabin again, and she usually wins.

you mention crossings...do you mean transatlantics?  If so, I am doing a Nov transatlantic on Epic-how were your crossings?  warm? cold?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Carnac767 said:

It's only waist deep, if that,  and not very large.  More like a very large kiddie pool.  Not very heated, either.  

Will be in Haven on Epic on a TA. Do you think the Spa pass would be worthwhile considering how the Haven pool area is (Do have some OBC to burn as well)? 

3 hours ago, nyc2pdx said:

you mention crossings...do you mean transatlantics?  If so, I am doing a Nov transatlantic on Epic-how were your crossings?  warm? cold?

Yes, crossing refers to a TA.  Both of ours were in April and the average daily temp was in the low 60s.  The seas were fairly smooth.

• Like 1