Details on the all new Haven on the Epic (Post-COVID) - Complete refurbishment of all Haven areas

Cruise Gopher

1 hour ago, erikb923 said:

Will be in Haven on Epic on a TA. Do you think the Spa pass would be worthwhile considering how the Haven pool area is (Do have some OBC to burn as well)? 

The spa on Haven is huge and my wife would say a spa pass is well worth it.  She loves it.

On 9/17/2021 at 6:07 PM, SkierRobUMN said:

I realise UK laws are a bit different but an AMEX chargeback is not as easy as you make it sound. I’m sure NCL has lots of legal language in the cruise contract that covers them for things like this too. 

Oh dear, I won’t tell you what additional compensation NCL awarded us today….. too much

• Haha 1

Another reason to love Epic's Haven:  We have a 2-BR suite booked on the Epic's TA from NY to Barcelona for April 2023.  Also leaving on a TA that month from NY is Breakaway.  There's not much difference in the itinerary, other than BA is on a 16-day and and Epic is a 15-day.  BA ends up in Civitavecchia and Epic in Barcelona.  For one extra day, Breakaway's 2-BR cabins are almost $4000 pp more than Epic's.  That's next to insanity.

1 hour ago, Carnac767 said:

Another reason to love Epic's Haven:  We have a 2-BR suite booked on the Epic's TA from NY to Barcelona for April 2023.  Also leaving on a TA that month from NY is Breakaway.  There's not much difference in the itinerary, other than BA is on a 16-day and and Epic is a 15-day.  BA ends up in Civitavecchia and Epic in Barcelona.  For one extra day, Breakaway's 2-BR cabins are almost $4000 pp more than Epic's.  That's next to insanity.

Correct you are, but someone will buy it.

Sauna and steam rooms were working fine, I personally used them a couple of times.

In the video above it says there is no small buffet in the Haven restaurant for breakfast, this is incorrect you can go up for cold meats cereal but like the main buffet they have people serving this to you

• Like 2

i noticed the nice pricing for this december cruise. never been on epic.

how do you handle car parking when you leave NY and get off in PR? do you park in manhattan and have to take an NCL transfer back  from the airport to the parking or just get your own transportation? 

I think I got confused by the different Haven suites.  Does the Spa Club Balcony have the whirlpool/jacuzzi tub in the room by the balcony or was that removed during the refurb? Since it’s not a Haven suite but next to the Haven Spa Suite with Balcony (H9), I’m not clear on whether the Spa Club Balcony (M9) had the refurb that removed the jacuzzi. Or maybe it didn’t have the jacuzzi to start with (sometimes the people showing their rooms on U tube are not very precise)

8 hours ago, ColdCruise said:

I think I got confused by the different Haven suites.  Does the Spa Club Balcony have the whirlpool/jacuzzi tub in the room by the balcony or was that removed during the refurb? Since it’s not a Haven suite but next to the Haven Spa Suite with Balcony (H9), I’m not clear on whether the Spa Club Balcony (M9) had the refurb that removed the jacuzzi. Or maybe it didn’t have the jacuzzi to start with (sometimes the people showing their rooms on U tube are not very precise)

Don’t think the Spa Club Balcony ever had a spa tub in the room by the balcony door. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2021 at 10:35 AM, OurAnniversary25 said:

We have that cabin booked for January.  I'm not sure I'll like it either, but wanted to give it a chance.  

I like the solarium type balcony.  The view over the bow of the ship is excellent and the glass enclosure lets you use your balcony regardless of the weather, wind, or temperature.  It has two sliding glass windows, as well.

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

is there an actual door between the 2br master bath and bedroom now? hard to tell from that 57 second vid. the cabins are still dirt cheap for the dec trip to PR

I don’t think so. 

How much is the 2br for December? Ours is $7500 total for 2 in January. Pretty good price I thought. 

On 11/13/2021 at 1:33 PM, Cruise Gopher said:

Here is another brand new video with a full tour of the refurbished Haven on Epic, as well as Posh. 
----

Great video!  That air vent sound in the courtyard, is it unrelenting?  Surely it is not like that 24/7?  That would seem to really detract from enjoying the courtyard.  And if you have (non-adult) kids, you can't use Posh...maybe the screaming of the kids drowns out the air vents!  lol

if you stay on 17 i see on the deck plans there are sundecks above every single room. normally thats a no no on other areas of the ship. anyone hear deck chairs above 17?

are there any differences in balcony sizes with the 2br on 16 vs 17? i know on bliss the lower haven deck has larger balconies and they started charging for them