Another FCC Question - Pre Existing Condition Waiver

PaulMCO

Like many, we received a good amount of FCC money.  Over 10K.  It is 100% bonus FCC as the cruise line gave us a full refund plus 25%.  So this 10K is free money.

The cruise line made it easy as they discounted the cruise using the FCC so they amount I owe is for a final payment is the cruise fare less the FCC.

They also used the FCC as the down payment on the invoice.

The question is how does using FCC affect the pre-existing waiver, which has a clock from the time of your down payment.   Since the down payment of $1400, is not insurable money does the clock start with this "payment"

1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

Like many, we received a good amount of FCC money.  Over 10K.  It is 100% bonus FCC as the cruise line gave us a full refund plus 25%.  So this 10K is free money.

The cruise line made it easy as they discounted the cruise using the FCC so they amount I owe is for a final payment is the cruise fare less the FCC.

They also used the FCC as the down payment on the invoice.

The question is how does using FCC affect the pre-existing waiver, which has a clock from the time of your down payment.   Since the down payment of $1400, is not insurable money does the clock start with this "payment"

Hi PaulMCO,

Does any of the FCC represent money you had previously paid that was not refunded to you?

If not, will you have to pay any of your trip cost in cash, or will everything be paid with the FCCs?

And, will you be have airfare or other pre- and post- cruise events for this trip that you will paying cash for? If so, when will you pay for these?

Steve Dasseos

Just now, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi PaulMCO,

Does any of the FCC represent money you had previously paid that was not refunded to you?

If not, will you have to pay any of your trip cost in cash, or will everything be paid with the FCCs?

And, will you be have airfare or other pre- and post- cruise events for this trip that you will paying cash for? If so, when will you pay for these?

Steve Dasseos

The FCC is all bonus. None is money we paid.  Money paid was refunded.  The bonus was 25% of a 40K cruise.

Yes the final payment will be my funds in 2022.

No pre/post cruise money.  Air Fare -- will be by FF miles which are fully refunded if cancelled.

The question is do I wait to purchase the insurance at the Final Payment date, or now to get pre-existing conditions waiver with plans from Travel Safe or IMG

3 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

The FCC is all bonus. None is money we paid.  Money paid was refunded.  The bonus was 25% of a 40K cruise.

Yes the final payment will be my funds in 2022.

No pre/post cruise money.  Air Fare -- will be by FF miles which are fully refunded if cancelled.

The question is do I wait to purchase the insurance at the Final Payment date, or now to get pre-existing conditions waiver with plans from Travel Safe or IMG

When will you buy your airfare with the FF miles? The date you do that will count as your initial deposit date because you will pay money in the form of taxes.

2 hours ago, iamtrustworthy said:

When will you buy your airfare with the FF miles? The date you do that will count as your initial deposit date because you will pay money in the form of taxes.

OK -- that will not be until Feb 2022 since cruise is begin in Dec 2022...