Cruise Personaliser Error

Neil_c

We pre registered for the Ventura Caribbean cruise in December 2022. We have had the confirmation by email of our cabin, but the personaliser says type of cabin only.  It looks to me to have been entered as a Saver booking rather than the Select fare. I phoned customer care who confirmed our booking verbally and by email, and they also  registered no upgrade at my request which we wanted.   Today the Personaliser is still wrong.  I will leave it a while and check again, I am not concerned as still a very long way out but wondered if anyone else has come across this.

We booked Select choosing a specific cabin.  The cabin number is shown on the confirmation email.  However the cabin number is not shown on Cruise Personaliser, just grade and general location.  I think others have mentioned similar on other threads.

Don't worry about it, ours is just the same. We have had an e:mail from our TA with, among various attachments, a booking confirmation from P&O with the cabin number, the on board spend amount, the full price, the amount paid so far and the balance to pay as well as the date it must be paid by. As we are not travelling until Feb '23 its nice to see all that detail but that level of detail simply is not there on the personaliser. Don't worry just count the days to when you join the ship and keep checking the temperature in Barbados!!

Peter and Jenny

3 hours ago, Neil_c said:

We pre registered for the Ventura Caribbean cruise in December 2022. We have had the confirmation by email of our cabin, but the personaliser says type of cabin only.  It looks to me to have been entered as a Saver booking rather than the Select fare. I phoned customer care who confirmed our booking verbally and by email, and they also  registered no upgrade at my request which we wanted.   Today the Personaliser is still wrong.  I will leave it a while and check again, I am not concerned as still a very long way out but wondered if anyone else has come across this.

We pre registered directly with P&O and had four emails from P&O, with information.  One of those was a description of the cruise we had  pre-registered for and our names, peninsular club numbers, age and where we were flying from (It is for Azura).  Underneath that it gave a title in bold saying Important information and I have copied below what that said:-

** Important information ** Thank you for registering your interest in a cruise holiday from our brand new collection. You have secured your holiday and we cannot wait to whisk you away on an unforgettable getaway. There is nothing you need to do now - simply sit back and relax whilst we prepare your holiday booking. Once our new holiday collection goes on sale, you will receive your booking confirmation via email. Please do not worry if it does not appear in your inbox straight away, it is on its way to you. Your booking confirmation will detail your cruise holiday information, including which cabin number you have been assigned. To find out more about what happens next, please visit pocruises.com/register-your-interest-faqs We look forward to welcoming you on board.

That clearly said once the holiday collection goes on sale we will get confirmation, which includes our cabin number.  That particular email attachment did not include any other details, but I know another email did.  It could be worth checking what information you had on those initial emails, which you should have received.  Then we got an email confirmation on the day with our cabin number showing.  If your initial details and the email received on the day did mention a cabin number, it would seem likely your booking was processed as a saver fare (what you were charged is another matter that would concern me, though you may only have been charged for a saver fare). 

If you have still not got a cabin number, I would suggest you do re contact P&O to sort out what has happened with your booking, though I doubt the department which deals with existing bookings will be available over the weekend.  Personlly though I may just consider that my booking had not yet been fully made, so the answer I would give to the phone system would be that I wished to make a booking 🙂

Good luck. 

Edited by tring

Hi

Thanks for your responses. The cruise is on sale now, which is why we have cabin confirmation by email. Looks like we are not unique in the mistake, will chase Customer service next week

Have just checked the cruise personalised for our upcoming cruise in Ocrober, booked 2 years ago, and it only states the cabin location and does not give the cabin number. So it looks as though the cruise confirmation data is the only place to find your exact cabin number.

46 minutes ago, Neil_c said:

Hi

Thanks for your responses. The cruise is on sale now, which is why we have cabin confirmation by email. Looks like we are not unique in the mistake, will chase Customer service next week

We have 4 cruises booked with P&O and the CP does not show the cabin number for any of them but the confirmation email does for all 4. 

Edited by bee-ess