Premier Inn-London

RonPaula

Does anyone have experience with Premier Inn in London? The accessible rooms look good and the prices are quite reasonable. There are several located in the city, but I was looking at the Waterloo one. But others looked attractive as well.

Paula

I have stayed in a couple of Premier Inns. They are quite comfortable and very clean. We stayed in one near the St. Pancras train station when we flew into London and then took the Eurostar to Paris. We also stayed at one near the tower of London. We stayed at one at the Dublin airport as well when we had a layover on a trip  home from London. All the hotels were fine and we enjoyed the meals at their restaurants as well. The accessible features were different but all accessible. My one criticism is that the beds are low, but I am quite tall so that quibble may be specific to me. The bed is slightly lower than the seat on my wheelchair.

10 hours ago, katisdale said:

My one criticism is that the beds are low, but I am quite tall so that quibble may be specific to me. The bed is slightly lower than the seat on my wheelchair.

Premier Inn will put the bed on blocks, to raise it up, if you ask prior to arrival.

"The beds provided in our accessible bedrooms should be 480mm in height. This is in accordance with the standards recommended in British Standard 8300:2009 ‘Design of buildings and their approaches to meet the needs of disabled people – Code of Practice’. This height is recommended as it corresponds to the seat height of the majority of wheelchairs and, therefore, facilitates transfer between the wheelchair and the bed.

However, we appreciate that some guests may prefer a higher bed and, if given sufficient advance notice of this at the time of booking, we can arrange to have the bed raised."

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/terms/disabled-access.html

On 5/4/2021 at 6:35 PM, RonPaula said:

Does anyone have experience with Premier Inn in London? The accessible rooms look good and the prices are quite reasonable. There are several located in the city, but I was looking at the Waterloo one. But others looked attractive as well.

Paula

I've stayed in that hotel. The accessible room they gave me was in the old hospital that is next door but connected to the new part of the hotel. The floors between the buildings are not on the same level so to get from the elevator in the new section to the accessible room in the old hospital you had to go up or down a steep ramp. There were also very heavy doors that were at both ends of the ramp. I believe they were fire doors. I think a person in a manual wheelchair would have a difficult time if they were alone. I fortunately had my wife go ahead to open the doors. We also had a problem with transportation not being allowed to park in front of the hotel for drop offs or pickups. We had to drag our luggage down to the alley north of the hotel. The hotel is nice and close to many attractions but if I ever went back I wouldn't stay there again.

Thank you for the replies. With so many good options, we can eliminate the Waterloo location.  I hadn’t considered the possibility of no drop off area at the front door.