Credit Card Credits

How long is RCCL taking to credit a purchase?  I purchased water two weeks or so ago for my sailing in December.  I saw that it went on sale so I cancelled it and repurchased.  I still have not seen the credit.  How long are they taking to do this?

Its funny when you cancel something it takes a while to get money back - I had an issue where Royal thought I missed final payment and cancelled all my on board orders - I had the money back on  my card in under 5 days. 

They reinstated my cruise and I paid in full never rebuying the on board stuff because it was cancelled 3 weeks later. Got my refund in about 3 week for that cruise as well. 

Its all luck when you get money back!

• Like 1

I am getting random refunds from Royal that does not match any down payments, purchases, cruise fares or taxes...I talked to Royal and they know about it...it's just going to take time...something is messed up.  It started last fall and is still going on.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I don't think so, the timing might be longer in the COVID era, but random amounts was the norm pre-COVID.

These are refunds not owed to me.  I did not request any refunds.  They are not taxes or purchases that are refunded when cruises are cancelled.  They started last fall.  So far, I'm ahead about $800.  Royal knows about it and agrees it's not right...it will take time.

6 minutes ago, Sittin'OnTheDock said:

So far, I'm ahead about $800.  Royal knows about it and agrees it's not right...it will take time.

I think this thread is about folks waiting for owed refunds - your issue is probably very rare and should not even talk to RCI if you got more money than owed.

It could be the credit card company.  With my card, they always seem to post a week after Royal issues the credit(it does post to the correct day which means I have to go hunt for it...LOL).

I just cancelled some cruise planner stuff on 4.30.21 and 5.1.21.  The credits hit my credit card today, May 9.  These credits are pretty timely vs getting credit for port fees, etc. If a cruise is cancelled.