Invoice Glitch

Just FYI

I received a new invoice showing a balance today (final payment date was April 15th and we paid in full) for our July cruise from Nassau. I called RCCL and after being on hold for 30 minutes they still can’t figure out what is going on. They are saying a glitch has occurred on a lot of bookings and they are researching the issue.

The agent did push my final payment date out to May 30th for the balance in order to keep the automated system from canceling our cruise due to the balance. I remember a few months ago a lot of cruises were canceled due to a glitch so just a heads up to check your invoices today.

I had this happen to us as well. I was told there was an error in the FCC they issued to us. We received no notification from Royal. Had I not signed into my account and saw there was a balance due, I would have not known. I paid the balance and will get the documents to show what really happened. This was a $460.00 difference. 

Edited by travelingbums
typo

8 minutes ago, travelingbums said:

I had this happen to us as well. I was told there was an error in the FCC they issued to us. We received no notification from Royal. Had I not signed into my account and saw there was a balance due, I would have not known. I paid the balance and will get the documents to show what really happened. This was a $460.00 difference. 

Ours is a little over a $700 different. I’m not worried about it getting corrected as it has to be an accounting nightmare. 

My concern was the new balance after final payment date. The agent said our cruise could have been automatically canceled by the system since it’s past final payment date. She manually had our final payment date push out to May 30th to prevent this from happening.

We received a FCC for £614 each and a certificate/code. That then became £468 and £218 then eventually £188 in total!

My TA was on the phone to them for nearly an hour, they really do not know what they are doing!

29 minutes ago, Fabulous97 said:

We received a FCC for £614 each and a certificate/code. That then became £468 and £218 then eventually £188 in total!

My TA was on the phone to them for nearly an hour, they really do not know what they are doing!

I think they know exactly what they are doing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B Midged said:

I think they know exactly what they are doing 

You really think they are doing these on purpose to cause a lot of work for employees? 🙄

I not worried about the money becoming fixed as I have am original invoice. I just didn’t want people that it happened to to become canceled by the system and have to rebook.