Welcome Back Cruises 2021 - Malta & Adriatic Cruises and General Discussion

JM0115

7 minutes ago, rizello said:

Although I think in Malta, Viking might be picking up the tab.  It sounds like they are providing some reimbursement  to the two couples quarantining now.

Interesting….Someone earlier posted here that Viking said they would reimburse or reschedule the current cruise if you test positive—but I haven’t seen anything written that they will pay for the quarantine. What’s your source?

33 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

Interesting….Someone earlier posted here that Viking said they would reimburse or reschedule the current cruise if you test positive—but I haven’t seen anything written that they will pay for the quarantine. What’s your source?

I would think, or at least I would hope, that the travel insurance would come to the rescue after all is said and done. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FLORIDA FLOUNDER said:

I would think, or at least I would hope, that the travel insurance would come to the rescue after all is said and done. 

Most likely, but what about for contact traced? Especially if they don’t have Viking insurance?

36 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

We are all choosing to travel to a foreign country with strict quarantine regulations during a global pandemic. And the regulations are subject to change at any time. 

Make sure you understand the rules of the country you are visiting and make sure you are insured appropriately. Alternatively, self-insure and know that you can afford to pay for your quarantine costs out of pocket.

Also make arrangements in the event you are detained for 14 days. Care of home, pets, extra meds, bill paying, etc. Think of what could need to be changed---airline tickets, any transfers, existing appointments, extending parking for your vehicle if you left it somewhere. 

• Like 5

Just now, broker1217 said:

We are all choosing to travel to a foreign country with strict quarantine regulations during a global pandemic. And the regulations are subject to change at any time. 

Make sure you understand the rules of the country you are visiting and make sure you are insured appropriately. Alternatively, self-insure and know that you can afford to pay for your quarantine costs out of pocket.

Also make arrangements in the event you are detained for 14 days. Care of home, pets, extra meds, bill paying, etc. Think of what could need to be changed---airline tickets, any transfers, existing appointments, extending parking for your vehicle if you left it somewhere. 

Or just don’t travel if the risk and probability are high that you might test positive or be contact traced to a Covid positive person.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

Or just don’t travel if the risk and probability are high that you might test positive or be contact traced to a Covid positive person.

Could not agree more. That may be the best option for those who cannot tolerate a trip interruption from a time or $$ standpoint.

1 hour ago, broker1217 said:

Could not agree more. That may be the best option for those who cannot tolerate a trip interruption from a time or $$ standpoint.

More specifically, a trip interruption that could drag on for up to 14 days -- thus effectively canceling the trip altogether.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LindaS272 said:

Most likely, but what about for contact traced? Especially if they don’t have Viking insurance?

Do you mean if I test negative but have to quarantine because I've been around a person who tests positive? Oh boy, then who the hell knows 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

21 minutes ago, DaveSJ711 said:

More specifically, a trip interruption that could drag on for up to 14 days -- thus effectively canceling the trip altogether.

Precisely.

We have discussed the possible scenarios and how we would handle them. 

Understand the testing and quarantine regulations for each country, including if you are a close contact or identified as a risk due to contact tracing.

Testing positive prior to boarding and missing cruise entirely, testing positive during cruise and being booted, testing positive for US re-entry and adding 14 days to trip.

Understand what your coverage is for each scenario and decide how much risk you are willing to take.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, FLORIDA FLOUNDER said:

Do you mean if I test negative but have to quarantine because I've been around a person who tests positive? Oh boy, then who the hell knows 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

That’s right—Malta requires contact-traced folk to quarantine for 14 days (or maybe 7 now for vaccinated contacts). Historically, they have not cared if you are a close contact & test negative, or vaccinated & test negative. It’s off to quarantine for you! I don’t know what Montenegro or Croatia or Greece will do with close contacts, vaccinated, tested or no. Viking CR could not answer this question for me.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, RALWauna said:

Thank you tony and CLBSC for your replies. I'll try same email for 2nd account first as I hate tracking multille email accounts.

Bob

Update:  Nope, can't use same email. Tried and failed. Needd a totally seperate unique email for spouse's account.

27 minutes ago, RALWauna said:

Update:  Nope, can't use same email. Tried and failed. Needd a totally seperate unique email for spouse's account.

That's weird because I did mine and my husbands on the same email....

Cruise Companions are back with a wrap-up of their Malta cruise on the Venus.  We are sharing all of the photos from this exciting adventure.  See the ship and the ports on this itinerary.  Episode #10 will be the final episode.  Thanks for watching, we hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did.

• Like 3

UK guest question: Malta departing 23/8

on myvikingjourney a new document (effective 29th July)  has appeared which references the tasks you should do before the cruise. In the section "before your flight" it states -  assemble your documents and have a "valid passport" - makes sense , but also "UK guests: Valid residency visa (in addition to a valid passport) ......

Any ideas what this visa is and how I go about getting one??

JIm

1 hour ago, geordie_jim said:

on myvikingjourney a new document (effective 29th July)  has appeared which references the tasks you should do before the cruise. In the section "before your flight" it states -  assemble your documents and have a "valid passport" - makes sense , but also "UK guests: Valid residency visa (in addition to a valid passport) ......

JIm

We wondered about that.  Couldn’t find any reference to needing a visa from UK .  I will await any replies. We don’t travel till September.  

4 hours ago, geordie_jim said:

JIm

I can confirm that I have emailed viking ukoperations and they have responded 

"I would like to confirm that this is incorrect information, and you do not need a residency visa for Malta. We have advised our IT team of this error."

So it appears at least one part of the administration mountain does not have to be done!!!

Also just received an email from Viking suggesting they have negotiated some discounts off PCR testing .... I will see what the price is ....

Jim

• Like 1

Just now, barney61 said:

Do we need any forms filled in to enter Croatia and Montenegro? If so what are they?

Thanks

Brian

No forms are required for either. There is a PLF for Croatia IF flying into the country, but you won't require this for your port stops with Viking. We didn't complete any documents to enter Croatia or Montenegro. Local arrangements were made via Viking. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FirstTimeFreddy said:

No forms are required for either. There is a PLF for Croatia IF flying into the country, but you won't require this for your port stops with Viking. We didn't complete any documents to enter Croatia or Montenegro. Local arrangements were made via Viking. 

Thanks very much. You are always very informative and helpful.

Edited by barney61

PCR LAB and Quarantine Area

I’ve been busy and haven’t read the whole thread, but for those wondering, the PCR LAB is just outside and forward of the Wintergarden on the starboard side and the watertight door on third floor, port side, forward is closed and denoted as a Quarantine Area.

On the Venus,

Tom 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CLBSC said:

That is strange..I used the same email for my husband and myself as he does not even have an email account.

Update on Tony's thrash with dissappearing Verifly.  After reinstalling the app x 3, recovering my account from developer, uploading all relevant docs, I got everything done, but the app crashed again when I attempted to upload travelling companion's photo.  Multiple crashes when attempting to take or upload headshot photo.  Final Solution:  delete companion and install app on her phone, upload everything as separte traveller, and now we both have coveted green checkmarks on our separate phones, separate email accounts, and backup paper documents enough to sink a ship.  No wonder the app is rated a 1.6 avg by over 2k downloads.

1 hour ago, tony the magnificent said:

Update on Tony's thrash with dissappearing Verifly.  After reinstalling the app x 3, recovering my account from developer, uploading all relevant docs, I got everything done, but the app crashed again when I attempted to upload travelling companion's photo.  Multiple crashes when attempting to take or upload headshot photo.  Final Solution:  delete companion and install app on her phone, upload everything as separte traveller, and now we both have coveted green checkmarks on our separate phones, separate email accounts, and backup paper documents enough to sink a ship.  No wonder the app is rated a 1.6 avg by over 2k downloads.

Phew! Thats a lot of work! Happy everything worked out! 😃

Have been following all the postings. Thank you for info. As our cruise nears 8/23,   Our excitement to travel is now being dampened by anxiety. Viking now saying covid test within 72 hour of departure which is 8/22 4:10 pm Denver. I checked with Live Chat and was informed to do test anytime after 12:10 pm on 8/20 since the  departure time will be in Munich, Germany. 
I was also informed that even though Croatia has opened it’s ports, Viking is still not allowing individual tours.

Regarding travel insurance, we have Allianz and quarantine lodging will be coveted under trip interruptions. 
Goodluck to those embarking 8/13.