Is virtuosa deck 5 likely to be as noisy as i think it might?

caffeine_demon

So - I've been "upgraded" from an inside cabin on deck 10 to one of the oceanview cabins on deck 5. It's a few cabins away from the theater, and looking at the deck plan on https://www.mscbook.com/pages/sdl/img/B2B_TA_20-021_MSC_VIRTUOSA_TECHSHEET_USA_FINAL.pdf  I think its under one of the boutiques, but I'm rather concerned about the noise and "traffic" nearby.

So - has anyone stayed in a similar location on grandiosa or the other similar ships - or do you all avoid it like the plague?

Should I see if I can get back into my original cabin?

🤥

I personally wouldn’t be too concerned about being under a boutique, doubt there would be much overhead noise from it early morning or late at night. There could, however, be a fair amount of foot traffic to and from the theatre. It’s difficult to tell from the deck plan how pax will get to the entrance when exiting the lifts. It may be that they can walk straight through thereby avoiding the cabins in which case noise wouldn’t be an issue.

I’m in similar position.  But I’ve been seemingly “downgraded” from midship deck “9 to towards the Aft deck 13.  Seems a few have been moved off deck 9 so maybe they are trying to avoid occupying certain decks where only 1000 onboard.

1 hour ago, rattla said:

I’m in similar position.  But I’ve been seemingly “downgraded” from midship deck “9 to towards the Aft deck 13.  Seems a few have been moved off deck 9 so maybe they are trying to avoid occupying certain decks where only 1000 onboard.

I’m on deck 9 on the 24th May sailing. Received all of my documentation and still have same cabin on deck 9.

47 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

I’m on deck 9 on the 24th May sailing. Received all of my documentation and still have same cabin on deck 9.

no certainty and this is for 20th May.  Most people have only been told today for the 20th sailing.  Don’t know the reason why, but wondering if limiting the decks they have passengers on due to only 1000 onboard?

people have been sent new documentation today.

I guess just keep an eye on you booking as it potentially could change, or might just be something for this first cruise?

Edited by rattla

2 hours ago, CaroleC said:

I really hope not, it took me ages to decide on the cabin I wanted lol.

It's part of the t&c that they can move you, but if your location is really important to you then I had success calling and asking them to make a note not to shift me (again).

• Thanks 1

I know social distancing etc, buts it’s not like they aren’t going to have 75% of cabins available 🙄

just creating a lot of stress and aggravation for people.  Granted some have got “upgrades” but I’m seeing quite a few getting split up from family for grouped bookings, or ending up with undesirable locations.