How does Carnival handle time changes (Daylight Savings Time)???

Buffy2323

I was just looking at my calendar and realized that we will be cruising when Daylight Savings time change occurs. We leave April 1st and it will change on the 2nd of April (of COURSE it would be a LOSS of an hour, LOL) Has anyone cruised when the time has changed and if so, how does Carnival handle it? I want to be sure I don't miss anything due to the hour difference :)

Thanks to anyone who responds!!

Carnival sets Ships time based on it's home port. So if you are leaving from Pt Canavaral then you will be on PC time.

Ships time may or may not change depending on itinarary. Check your daily capers for time for the current port. Most islands don't seem to use DST.

Sites like this http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ can help you with planning.

Last year we were on the Triumph during the time change, and they did not handle it very well. We were heading into Puerto Rico (who observes DST) and our Capers told us to set our clocks ahead for morning, then an announcement was made that nite over the PA, to NOT change our clocks until the next nite. I was a bit concerned because I thought San Juan time was the same as the east coast (where I'm from!), so I went to the pursers desk to confirm what I just heard. I specifically asked them if Puerto Rico observed DST and they could not tell me. We got up the next morning on the time we were told to set and got off the ship and MISSED an hour of or tour. luckily we could catch up with them. We did complain at the pursers desk when we returned and where given some compensation. On the way home it was the same change you clocks, don't change your clocks. Make sure you know what time it will be at you first port and don't go by what you are told. BTW - it didn't ruin our trip and Carnival was only somewhat at fault, I should have followed my instincts!!!!

We were on the Imagination a couple of years ago and went to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios and daylight savings time occurred right in the middle. The cruise director said that because neither Grand Cayman or Ocho Rios observed daylight savings time, the ship would not be moving their clocks forward until the after we had visited all of the ports so that ship's time would be the same as port time. While we were in Grand Cayman, we were on Capt. Bryan's stingray tour and some people from another ship (not sure which one) were all confused as to what time they were supposed to actually be back on board. We were glad not to have to worry about the time and just have fun!

We were on the Imagination a couple of years ago and went to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios and daylight savings time occurred right in the middle. The cruise director said that because neither Grand Cayman or Ocho Rios observed daylight savings time, the ship would not be moving their clocks forward until the after we had visited all of the ports so that ship's time would be the same as port time. While we were in Grand Cayman, we were on Capt. Bryan's stingray tour and some people from another ship (not sure which one) were all confused as to what time they were supposed to actually be back on board. We were glad not to have to worry about the time and just have fun!

That's my fear, I booked the Dolphin Encouter from an outside booking agent and fear that I will be off on my time and miss the excursion. What a mess to worry about, LOL ;)

awwwwww.....yes you lose an hour:eek: .....BUT..:rolleyes: ..now you have a great excuse to cruise again in the fall during the next time change...your cruise will be an hour LONGER!!!...WHOOOPEEEE!!! HAPPY CRUISING!!:D

I like your thinking! The funny thing is my mom and I are looking at a cruise sometime around the next time change, maybe I should book it that weekend and make up the time :D Thanks for the tip, LOL

• 1 month later...

Archived