MSC Internet: Can you swap devices?

Disney Princess

One the Meraviglia in April, for some reason they gave me the two device plan and my husband nothing for our "included" Browse package (upcoming sailing gave us one device each, as expected). It was no big deal though, my husband just had to log in the one time with my credentials to get his phone registered as "my" second device and all worked well from there on out.

BTW, some Android phones will allow you to hotspot wifi, so I am always able to connect other devices (Kindle, laptop, etc.) to my phone and then just have my phone connect to the wifi.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 3:04 PM, JamieLogical said:

One the Meraviglia in April, for some reason they gave me the two device plan and my husband nothing for our "included" Browse package (upcoming sailing gave us one device each, as expected). It was no big deal though, my husband just had to log in the one time with my credentials to get his phone registered as "my" second device and all worked well from there on out.

BTW, some Android phones will allow you to hotspot wifi, so I am always able to connect other devices (Kindle, laptop, etc.) to my phone and then just have my phone connect to the wifi.

By any chance do you know if this would work with an iphone hotspot for my ipad?  Otherwise i will just use my ipad as the device. 

3 minutes ago, ddlb said:

By any chance do you know if this would work with an iphone hotspot for my ipad?  Otherwise i will just use my ipad as the device. 

I am pretty sure that iPhones only let you hotspot cell service, not wifi, but I don't have one so can't say for sure. You could always just test it at home. Connect your phone to your home wifi, disconnect it from cell service, create a hotspot, and then see if your ipad can connect to the network created by your iphone.

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I am pretty sure that iPhones only let you hotspot cell service, not wifi, but I don't have one so can't say for sure.

100% correct.

iPhones can't share WiFi as they lack the additional hardware required for that.

On 7/28/2023 at 1:04 PM, JamieLogical said:

I do this all the times when on paid wifi such as on aircraft but when I tried this on the Poesia in June it automatically kicked my phone off wifi and over to mobile data. I tried a second phone and it did the same. Thankfully I could reach a tower on land for most of the cruise so it was not an issue this time.

On 7/24/2023 at 12:31 PM, maehara said:

Ask me in a couple of weeks - we're on Euribia, sailing 13 August, and I've bought the 4-devices pack against my own name rather than 4 1-device plans.  Soon find out how well that works for us...

Hi maehara, hopefully your internet package is working and you're enjoying your cruise. How are you finding your 4 devices package? Can each of you be logged in and use the service at the same time?

All settled on board and yes, buying the 4 device package for “one user” and splitting it between the four of us has worked just fine. Just needed to log the other family members on with my details. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maehara said:

All settled on board and yes, buying the 4 device package for “one user” and splitting it between the four of us has worked just fine. Just needed to log the other family members on with my details. 

Great news and thanks for replying quickly. Enjoy it!! 😊

On 8/14/2023 at 6:17 AM, maehara said:

Can you tell the price you paid for the 1 user 4 device plan and if you got the browser or browser and stream package? I got the 2 free devices coming up for my Dec cruise and my goal is to upgrade to the browse and stream package. Hope you are having a wonderful cruise!

37 minutes ago, Happymemakes3 said:

Can you tell the price you paid for the 1 user 4 device plan and if you got the browser or browser and stream package?

Browse & Stream package, 1 user, 4 devices. That was £221 pre-paid.