cruise only

I am looking to book med cruise next year on Explorer 2,ports of call are better than any other cruise line,this is why I want to use Marella.I would like to stay two days before cruise departs and two days at the end,is it possible to book cruise only and I book my own flights.

1 minute ago, rooney9 said:

I am looking to book med cruise next year on Explorer 2,ports of call are better than any other cruise line,this is why I want to use Marella.I would like to stay two days before cruise departs and two days at the end,is it possible to book cruise only and I book my own flights.

I'd be interested in knowing this as well as that is our preferred booking method (being Canadian). In my experience the last couple of years before Covid, the option/pricing was still there for 'cruise-only' but it was the same as with the flight. 😒

Thank you for reply.Every cruise site I look at say the same thing flight inc.no use trying to phone Tui to ask, all lines very busy because of covid questions.If I find anything out I will post an update.

I have read where people have done cruise only in the past but not sure about it now.  However if you do a dummy booking you can request 7 days and it will say 7 days cruise, you can alter the box to say cruise plus 3/7 days hotel. Usually a good deal and staying in a Tui hotel.

Right, just been having a play on their website. Go to the standard booking page for Marella Cruises. Click/tap in the 'airport' box where it says "any airport". Scroll right down to the bottom and click/tap on "Cruise Only". That takes you to a page listing all the cruise departure ports. Click/tap in the box for the port you want to sail from and then you will be able to select a date.

On 5/23/2021 at 10:34 AM, rooney9 said:

Thanks for all replies.I have looked into it and if you go cruise only you have to book two seven nights back to back.

It might depend on the itinerary - we just checked and were able to do a mock bookings for cruise only out of Dubrovnik. 

On 5/23/2021 at 3:34 PM, rooney9 said:

Thanks for all replies.I have looked into it and if you go cruise only you have to book two seven nights back to back.

Yes the marella terminology is a bit confusing.  Unless the cruise is starting in the UK, then the UK web site is only offering packages including flights (which are mainly on TUI (marella) aircraft)(*).  So generally you can book a flight+cruise or flight+cruise+holiday or flight+holiday+cruise or flight+cruise+cruise, but not what you were looking for. 

(*) these flights will also be carrying passengers just going on hotel holidays.