HELP! Question about storing luggage for the day after getting off of ship

sabri

Hi. First time cruiser here.

We are getting off of the ship at 7:00 am after our cruise and want to go to Busch Gardens before our late flight out of Tampa.

*** Is there somewhere at the Port to store our luggage for the day AFTER getting off of the ship at the end of our cruise?

Royal Caribbean Grandeur and the Port is Tampa.

thank you in advance :)

We are getting off of the ship at 7:00 am after our cruise and want to go to Busch Gardens before our late flight out of Tampa.

*** Is there somewhere at the Port to store our luggage for the day AFTER getting off of the ship at the end of our cruise?

Get a cheapo Priceline rental car. Now you have luggage storage and transportation.

Enjoy!!!!

We always rent a car if we are going to go sightseeing before or after a stay at the point of departure. Especially Seattle. This way, as was said, we have storage and transportation. Usually runs about $40.00 to $50.00. Then after all is done its a way to the airport. We figure it costs about that much for a cab so what the heck.

Dave:eek:

There is a place to store your luggage at terminal 2 at Tampa. I don't think there are any rental cars. I think you'd be best served by taking a taxi to the airport and picking up a rental car.

BTW - you might be scheduled to arrive at 7AM, but don't plan on being off the ship until 9.

There is a place to store your luggage at terminal 2 at Tampa. I don't think there are any rental cars. I think you'd be best served by taking a taxi to the airport and picking up a rental car.

BTW - you might be scheduled to arrive at 7AM, but don't plan on being off the ship until 9.

Really? I had no idea it takes that long to get off the ship.

thank you for that info.

Really? I had no idea it takes that long to get off the ship.

thank you for that info.

Since you aren't flying until late in the day, you will probably be one of the last groups off the ship. I think the earliest I was ever off a ship was with priority disembarkation and it was actually around 7:30 but that was definately the exception. We were stunned by how quickly that ship was processed. It was RCI - the longest I've waited was on HAL cruises. For such small ships, they can take a blessed long time to move everyone ashore.

Also, they can't begin disembarkation until the ship clears customs - on one cruise that took so long due to one passenger smoking the wrong kind of cigarette, we didn't hit dry land until almost 11AM. People missed early flights. It was an ugly morning.

So hope for 8, but plan on 9.

Archived