Thermal suite on the Getaway

rachiem

We are 120 days out now (if the sailing goes) and have the option of adding the thermal suite.

We have an 11 night cruise with 2 full sea days and the cost is £195 per person.

Is it worth the expense...we will be in the Med which should still be quite warm, so not sure if we'd visit it every day.

We've had spa access on the Epic, which was great and did enjoy our visits.

Any feedback would be great 

Edited by rachiem

Would like to know as well we are on this ship next March normally still chilly in the northeast when we head out and return.

If it's like the Gem forget it no matter what time we went no seats. Folk's would have a heated seat and a window seat and not even be in the area :(.  We did ask the young lady at the desk to move some things that were there over an hour she said no they paid as well. Also very loud so no relaxing at all, unless you went into the locker area with a few seats but couples would have to sit in different room, not much of an anniversary trip that way.

For us, it really depends on where we are going.  Since we've been to the Caribbean several times, we opted for the Thermal Spa and used it almost everyday.   We plan to do the same this Christmas.   Next year, we are going to Italy.  Since we are doing long tours on 5 out of 7 days, we won't be getting the pass.

10 hours ago, rachiem said:

We are 120 days out now (if the sailing goes) and have the option of adding the thermal suite.

We have an 11 night cruise with 2 full sea days and the cost is £195 per person.

Is it worth the expense...we will be in the Med which should still be quite warm, so not sure if we'd visit it every day.

We've had spa access on the Epic, which was great and did enjoy our visits.

Any feedback would be great 

Are you big show goers??  Do you eat late or go to bars late? 

Reason I ask is that; we so enjoy the spa when everyone else is at dinner and shows, almost no one else is there. Very relaxing. 

Now I have not been on Getaway but have Breakaway and have seen video of Getaway spa on Youtube.  It is No Epic - My Favorite - But if you enjoy spa , I think it is worth it.  But you have to be a spa person!!

Have a wonderful time - very jealous!! (My cruises were cancelled) Ta For Now!

I find the thermal spa to be worth every penny. We went every day. Even just lying on the heated loungers looking out the floor to ceiling windows and watching the world go by was everything!!! On sea days, I would use it after working out before docking and then usually once we got back on the ship to relax those bones before dinner. It’s always a highlight of any sailing.

11 minutes ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

I find the thermal spa to be worth every penny. We went every day. Even just lying on the heated loungers looking out the floor to ceiling windows and watching the world go by was everything!!! On sea days, I would use it after working out before docking and then usually once we got back on the ship to relax those bones before dinner. It’s always a highlight of any sailing.

You and I would get along great!! It is soooo much that  I was looking forward to again!  I even love the EPIC just for the SPA!! LOL!

• Thanks 1

Thank you guys. 
some really good advice!

I’m not sure that we’d use it everyday but it’s been such a tough year emotionally and have also had with 5 cancelled cruises, that we are going to spoil ourselves. 
We are spa people but also love shows and dinner! 
Still not packing our suitcases yet as I’m still not 100% confident that this will go. 
Have booked 2 staycation cruises for June and July to give us a taster of what things will be like. 

I used to be a thermal suite evangelist, but as some point the chlorine (or whatever chemicals they use in the water features) started really bothering my eyes and giving me headaches. It does hang in the air. Just a counterpoint for those who are sensitive to such things. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rachiem said:

Thank you guys. 
some really good advice!

I’m not sure that we’d use it everyday but it’s been such a tough year emotionally and have also had with 5 cancelled cruises, that we are going to spoil ourselves. 
We are spa people but also love shows and dinner! 
Still not packing our suitcases yet as I’m still not 100% confident that this will go. 
Have booked 2 staycation cruises for June and July to give us a taster of what things will be like. 

I love the thermal spa! We went pretty much every day on the cruises we got it on! We would go at around 5 - 6pm and there usually weren't many people in there. We would relax there for about an hour and then shower and go to dinner around 7 - 8pm. We could typically make it to the later shows. Of course, we are night owls, so this worked for us. I would also look at your itinerary and see how many days you will be out on excursions and in cities for the day. It was more difficult for us to work the spa in on shore days than sea days. I would also  agree with @AdoraBelle, they did begin to  use a lot more chlorine in the last few years. It bothered my eyes as well.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SSFun said:

I would also  agree with @AdoraBelle, they did begin to  use a lot more chlorine in the last few years. It bothered my eyes as well.

Interesting, I wasn’t sure if they were using more or I just got more sensitive to it. (Doesn’t take much to set off a headache these days.)