Oceania cancels Nov. 21 Sirena cruise

davencl

My TA says they had over 600 people booked o the cancelled O cruises. Rather than book an alternative with Oceania I am seriously looking at an almost identical cruise on Celebrity Constellation Dec. 13 from Tampa. I wanted to try and stick with O because I have $500 in FCC with them that was being applied to this cruise. Now that it has been cancelled I don't know what will happen to the $500 FCC, whether it will go back into my account and the expiration date extended. I'd would like to just have the $500 refunded along with the $1500 deposit coming back to me.  I can't check in my O Club account since it is all messed up and Oceania hasn't straightened it out. I have been trying to get this matter worked out for over 2 weeks now. 

From Cruisemapper.com, on Friday. I see that Sirena is listed as not starting again until 2022:

"Oceania Cruises announced the restart dates for 3 more of its ships: Insignia, Riviera, and Sirena, between October 2021-January 2022.

Oceania Insignia is expected to resume sailings with December 21, 2021, Panama Canal voyage from Miami Florida before setting sail on her sold-out 180-day Around the World Cruise from Los Angeles CA to New York City.

Oceania Riviera will resume her previously scheduled sailings from Istanbul Turkey beginning on October 18, 2021, and sail Mediterranean voyages before beginning a winter series of Caribbean journeys from Miami Florida.

Oceania Sirena will begin cruises starting with January 22, 2022, the Caribbean voyage from Miami Florida to Panama City (Fuerte Amador, Balboa).

Itineraries for each vessel will be continually evaluated for port availability and might be adjusted closer to departure dates.

The additional restarts follow the April 28 announcement that Oceania Marina will be resuming sailings from Copenhagen Denmark beginning August 29, 2021.

Restart dates for Nautica and Regatta will be announced at a later date."

https://www.cruisemapper.com/news/8937-oceania-announces-restart-dates-3-more-cruise-ships

• 4 weeks later...

Here it is, over month since the Dec.12 Sirena cruise was cancelled on May 26 and I still have no refund. I went ahead and did book a cruise on Celebrity Dec. 13, from Tampa in it's place.

Has anyone else on all these cancelled cruises received their deposit back? Very disappointed in Oceania for not returning a refund to a credit card for so long.

2 hours ago, susiesan said:

Here it is, over month since the Dec.12 Sirena cruise was cancelled on May 26 and I still have no refund. I went ahead and did book a cruise on Celebrity Dec. 13, from Tampa in it's place.

Has anyone else on all these cancelled cruises received their deposit back? Very disappointed in Oceania for not returning a refund to a credit card for so long.

No I am also waiting for my refunded deposit.  They have 60 days according to their policy and it appears they intend to use all 60 days...  I just hope they don't decide to amend their policy and extend to 90 days.

Edited by davencl