Carlos N Charlie's in Cozumel

Kanebaby

I went to C&C's in June 2003 because some friends said I just had to go there. At 3:00 in the afternoon, there was a woman older than I am (admit - 40's) who was hammered, dancing on the table. It certainly was interesting!

I just LOOOOVE C&C's....probably me dancing on the table....was I swinging my bra around my head?

No really.... I won a trip with a local radio show telling of our antics at C&C's in 2003....but it was Feb, not June. That post just brought back memories for me....made me LOL..Melissa

I stuffed the nastiest pictures into a box for about 2 years. When I started working on the scrapbook for that trip I cam across them again and decided that they just needed to be thrown away. I didn't want my kids finding them and saying...."MOM???........UNCLE RICK?? IS THAT YOU?" LOL

yea..it got weird LOL

the ols carlos and charlies was a classic...especially trying to get out of the joint after well lets just a few tooooooo many...the winding stairs case and loose hand rail...don't get me wrong the new one is real nice but the old place had class...especially the opening upsatirs that looked right out onto the beach and water...the new one is tooooo modern with air conditioning...also toooo dark...tables are tooo solid...all good things unfortunately always have to come to an end...

We were at Carlos and Charlies this past week 2/18/06. Just be sure you ask prices before you order anything. The beer was $13.00 each and the shots were $3.50. Funny thing is everyone kept telling the girl to make him take a shot or make her take a shot, no one thought to ask how much those shots were. It added up real quick.

We had to take a taxi to International pier because there were six ships in port at the same time. We had no problem getting back in time.

Last year on the EOS, we nearly missed the boat, by minutes, because there are 2 different docks. When we were in port, there were 2 different RCCI ships in and we went to the wrong dock. THAT WAS A MAJOR BUZZ KILL!!!!

The fateful braless night that we went there in 2003, hubby stood up at 7:05 and said.."what time does the ship leave?" It happened to leave at 7:30. Well we were at the pier right there, but you have to go up the escalator and across the street and then down the escalator...then walk down that LOOONGGG pier..all after drinking way too many yards of whatever that stuff was. We were on the ship at about 7:29 and the staff was yelling "HURRY!!!!"

We threw our stuff thru the security and they just waved us by. I took all my alcohol back to my room, since nobody took it from me that night. Oh what a night. Hubby went back to the room and got "seasick" ha ha (Yea right) Oh I can't wait to go back again!!!!

the ols carlos and charlies was a classic...especially trying to get out of the joint after well lets just a few tooooooo many...the winding stairs case and loose hand rail...don't get me wrong the new one is real nice but the old place had class...especially the opening upsatirs that looked right out onto the beach and water...the new one is tooooo modern with air conditioning...also toooo dark...tables are tooo solid...all good things unfortunately always have to come to an end...

Have to agree. I remember the waiters carrying a 180lb. plus women with her eyes rolled back in her head down those old stairs. What a struggle. We were sitting just in the right spot looking out on the street and the water to watch what happened next. They tried to stuff her limp body in a Toyota taxi. You now...like a 1975 Corolla type. The taxi driver next in line had a mini-van. So they carried her back to it...he slid open the side door....and they did the old hands and feet 1-2-3 swing and she landed inside. I hate to say the 6 of us almost wet ourselves.

The new one is fun too...but not the same.

LONG LIVE CARLOS & CHARLIE'S IN COZUMEL!!!!!:D

From where the Mariner dropped us off... it was a 5 minute cab right... or more aptly put, a $6 per person cab ride.

We were there last week on Mariner, the taxi from CNC to the International Pier was 6.00 total for 3 of us, not 6.00 per person. RCCL did give everyone a voucher for a free taxi into town as we got on the tender.

Those 13.00 beers were probabley the "yards". I think our Margaritas were 5.95, and the shots were 3.50.

As always, be careful while traveling anywhere. I was at Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel and I believe my waiter slipped something in my drink (it is possible he wasn't even a waiter). Anyway, I literally had to crawl down the street to get a cab and I saw my so-called waiter drinking at another bar and saying "seniorita, seniorita...come here". I kept going and caught the cab but passed out once back at the ship. This was after one beer.

Wow scary about putting something in your drink. I have never had a problem, except from drinking too many yards. Of course I'm a fat middle aged gray haired lady that isn't much to look at so I don't think I need to worry about someone trying to "pick me up" ( unless I am like the lady who had to be swung into the taxi LOL)

We will be on the mariner feb26th to march5th. We were thinking about checking out carlos n charles.What kind of music do they play and is there a Dance floor?.or do you just dance on tables...We are easy....Im sure what ever music is would sound just fine after a few drinks..lol...Can't wait:)

Go to this thread and about in the middle you will see wile pictures from C&C. Yes that is my bra on MY BIL's head and that story won me a trip with a local radio station to Cancun 6 golden apple resort for 5 days!!!!!! Get ready for a wild time!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=93324&page=17

we were there on feb 13 and observed behavier much like you described, had two margaritas and did the "dance with the waiter" thing where they conga line around the bar with multiple tequilla shot stops (and paddels) saw a group of hot guys on the dance floor alone and invited myself to join them. had a wonderful afternoon. there were 2 naked girls dancing (i was not one of them) my leggs were killing me the next day from all of the grinding aka dancing.

In May we only had about 45 minutes to get crazy!!! Hubby was ordering me a yard and another guy in our group told the waiter he would give him $5 extra to get it to me faster than my hubby, so there I was with 2 yards to polish off in 45 minutes....well I ended up taking the 2nd one with me and flashed a street vender to get a cheaper price on an onyx Whale we bought for my BIL. The things we do when we are drunk ( for shame)

Oh yea...that was the day of our 20th anniversary too

Archived