Are ports in Turkey likely this year?

sherylc

We are booked on a Mediterranean cruise onboard the Epic in November with stops that include overnight in Istanbul and a stop in Kusadasi.  I know the Epic is doing 7 day Mediterranean tours up until October 31st, but worried that are cruise will either drop the Turkey ports or cancel altogether if visiting isn't possible. I know many other lines have cancelled Europe altogether for this year. Anyone have any thoughts on whether Turkey ports are likely this year (it's why we chose the itinerary)

Thanks!!!

We were just cancelled for the Spirit Venice to Istanbul cruise in October.

From watching events in Turkey and more importantly in the Black Sea, this really came as no surprise.

NCL's cray supercomputer must be smoking!!

2 hours ago, sherylc said:

We are booked on a Mediterranean cruise onboard the Epic in November with stops that include overnight in Istanbul and a stop in Kusadasi.  I know the Epic is doing 7 day Mediterranean tours up until October 31st, but worried that are cruise will either drop the Turkey ports or cancel altogether if visiting isn't possible. I know many other lines have cancelled Europe altogether for this year. Anyone have any thoughts on whether Turkey ports are likely this year (it's why we chose the itinerary)

Thanks!!!

I am on the Epic 10/31-11/11 and only Kusdasi is the only Turkish port. I had really wanted to go to Istanbul also. I was booked on the Venice-Istanbul for October 22-31 on Spirit but it was cancelled. I am planning to fly Turkish Air and get a layover in Istanbul.

2 hours ago, sherylc said:

Thanks!!!

My Spirit cruise out of Istanbul on 10-31 was just canceled. So I rebooked for the Jade on the same day out of Athens. Seems to me Istanbul is not gonna happen this fall.