Independence of the Seas heading to Galveston right now

“ROYAL SAID  that the Allure and Symphony would embark on their simulated sailings on July 27 and August 1, respectively, from Port Canaveral and PortMiami. The line did not reveal when the Mariner or INDEPENDENCE  would set sail, but they are approved to OPERATE  FROM Canaveral and GALVESTON, RESPECTIVELY.”

Edited by ssb

With Independence in Galveston port presently , and with approval to operate from Galveston   , I tend to believe the Royal comments quoted . And not the chart . 

Edited by ssb

1 minute ago, Vera/Lee said:

I don't understand why this says "Independence from Port Everglades". 

Yeah, I think it was a typo in the chart, it just further proves that no one knows what's going on 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, slvrbllt said:

Yeah, I think it was a typo in the chart, it just further proves that no one knows what's going on 😉

Facts

Crew supposedly vaccinated 

CDC approves Independence sailings from Galveston . 

Independence relocated and presently ported in Galveston . 

Waiting on announcement of sailings dates from Royal . 

Edited by ssb

3 minutes ago, ssb said:

Facts

CDC approves Independence sailings from Galveston . 

Independence relocated and presently ported in Galveston . 

Waiting on announcement of sailings dates from Royal . 

Another fact: 

Those of us with July cruises out of Galveston still don't have an update 🙂

18 minutes ago, slvrbllt said:

Another fact: 

Those of us with July cruises out of Galveston still don't have an update 🙂

Yes and more facts . 

July sailings for  Liberty and Explorer

are still showing up on Royal booking site . 
In spite of Liberty scheduled  to Cadiz in July . 
And Explorer presently still off Florida Coast , and not in Galveston or off Texas Coast . 

Edited by ssb

15 minutes ago, ARCruisinNana said:

I’m booked on Liberty July 4.  Today is 30 days out and can’t check in.  I don’t expect we will cruise, but they need to tell us something, or give us Independence. LOL

So are we Nana... and Independence in more ways than one 😉   Or I'd take some Freedom to make other plans 😉  

so funny thing when I go to obsessively look at Cruise Planner, the front screen shows this:

image.png.4cd361e9b0cfcf5e3a85a28cc899ec49.png

but next page shows this:

image.png.7d0231c034715cdf0b63844bda4c8ba3.png

I am on the phone with our Travel Agent and he is being told that the Independence of the Seas for July 3rd is being offered to the Odyssey of the Seas on July 6th out of Miami.  Same itinerary, but different ship and leaving July 6th instead of July 3rd.  If others can confirm this is the case it would be greatly appreciated.  I told him in a second I would change to a brand new ship with the same room but leaving a different day.  Please let me know if everyone is hearing the same thing.

We were booked on Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston for Aug 1 and Aug 15. Obviously, based on the restart announcement I know that our Aug 1 cruise is cancelled. However, now that Indy is starting Aug 15 out of Galveston will they move those booking over or make everyone go through the hassle of rebooking. The restart has the Aug 15th cruise open for booking next Tuesday, June 8. Glad to final get some sort of roll out plan....but still so many questions!!!

5 minutes ago, ssb said:

33B3CC59-2277-40C8-8019-6391B539CE47.jpeg

Is independence taking the liberty spot all fall?  My cruise planner still has liberty listed for October but I’d rather Indy with the playmakers as long as they still have the under 3 yr old drop odd area that I can pay for like liberty. 

2 minutes ago, dominicr said:

Is independence taking the liberty spot all fall?  My cruise planner still has liberty listed for October but I’d rather Indy with the playmakers as long as they still have the under 3 yr old drop odd area that I can pay for like liberty. 

Says starting August 15 ,2021 and 

to me that means yes . 

I just spoke to RC about my Liberty booking for 8/29/21. They said my reservation will be booked onto the Independence of the Seas showing up June 18th. Same everything except different ship!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, bgooding12 said:

We were booked on Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston for Aug 1 and Aug 15. Obviously, based on the restart announcement I know that our Aug 1 cruise is cancelled. However, now that Indy is starting Aug 15 out of Galveston will they move those booking over or make everyone go through the hassle of rebooking. The restart has the Aug 15th cruise open for booking next Tuesday, June 8. Glad to final get some sort of roll out plan....but still so many questions!!!

Based on my conversation with a C & A rep a short time ago my guess is you will have to rebook at the higher rate.  When I asked about just moving our Liberty cruise the only option was to July 2022 or take the cancel and rebook a cruise at the higher rate.  I believe part of the money plan.  

2 minutes ago, rorito said:

I just spoke to RC about my Liberty booking for 8/29/21. They said my reservation will be booked onto the Independence of the Seas showing up June 18th. Same everything except different ship!

Oh congrats guy.  I really wish that they could do this for our Liberty but it was in July so just a cancel and rebook a new cruise at double the price.