NCL return to service

5 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Yeah, I thought that was weird, too. Honestly, I would have preferred the Gem, it had more restaurants that I was interested in than the Sky. Also, my friend who had planned to join me and my wife on the sailing has said he's not interested in the new booking. Are they trying to squeeze out a few sailings on the Gem and then send the crew to the Bliss, I mean Encore, for the Alaska sailings?

Alaska sailings are starting in August too, so I don't think they are moving them to the Encore.

Just now, BamaCruiser39 said:

No idea what their actual plan is but I'm not going to book right now no matter how much I want to. Gotta see consistent sailings first at this point.

I can understand that, but we can't wait to see initial sailings. Due to work and other commitments, we have to be booked now. I'm looking forward to seeing how the initial sailings go, with NCL and the other lines. MSC has been doing great, I'm also interested to see how the currently sailing Celebrity Millennium does.

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

Alaska sailings are starting in August too, so I don't think they are moving them to the Encore.

So much for the theory that they needed the crew from the Gem for Alaska, then. 🤣Everything seems to be a work in progress right now.

6 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I can understand that, but we can't wait to see initial sailings. Due to work and other commitments, we have to be booked now. I'm looking forward to seeing how the initial sailings go, with NCL and the other lines. MSC has been doing great, I'm also interested to see how the currently sailing Celebrity Millennium does.

Yea we may end up booking it again anyways because we cannot change our dates off work at this point. Looks like I'll be shooting my CAS rep an email and see what kind of rates we can get on it. If the price is right, I might pull the trigger again and hope I don't get the "your cruise is on hold" screen again later 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I called in and was able to get a way better deal than the original Gem sailing that was cancelled. Guess I'm back on this one now!

• Like 1

Just now, BamaCruiser39 said:

I called in and was able to get a way better deal than the original Gem sailing that was cancelled. Guess I'm back on this one now!

Congratulations! Great to hear. Let's all cross our fingers that everything goes to plan.

• Like 2

*Fingers crossed* for those of you booking this new Gem sailing. It's a similar itinerary to what we were supposed to have on the Joy. We can't vacation in August, so it's not on our radar, plus my parents are now really committed to the idea of sailing out of NYC in September. Hopefully the cruise lines can get things sorted out with the state of Florida so vaccinated cruises can sail!

• Like 1