Bermuda Ferry Questions

Ken076

On the Department of Marine and Ports Services 2021 Ferry Schedule , I don't see a Orange St Georges schedule? 

Can I go directly to the Ferry and pay cash?

When I buy a ferry ticket from the dockyard, can I buy a return ticket from Hamilton or St Georges for a specific return departure Time?

Did the Ferry ever go to On-Line Ticket purchases, as was discussed some time ago?

Thanks, Ken

Edited by Ken076

2 hours ago, Ken076 said:

On the Department of Marine and Ports Services 2021 Ferry Schedule , I don't see a Orange St Georges schedule? 

Can I go directly to the Ferry and pay cash?

When I buy a ferry ticket from the dockyard, can I buy a return ticket from Hamilton or St Georges for a specific return departure Time?

Did the Ferry ever go to On-Line Ticket purchases, as was discussed some time ago?

Thanks, Ken

They have suspended the Orange Line between Dockyard and St. George's this summer because it primarily serviced cruise ship passengers. ( it never runs in the winter season or on weekends) Without cruise ship passengers it was not economical to run the service. What cruise and do you have booked and when is it? I expect the Orange Line will return with  the return of  cruise ships.

You can pay $5 cash at the ferry (exact change) or buy a token for $4.50 at the transportation kiosk. You can buy as many tokens as you need. So you can buy two, one for going and one for return. The ferries are first come first served so the you don't get a specific time. Tokens can also be used on buses. They have not implemented a digital system yet.

Edited by Charles4515

It occurs to me that some here might want to see the 2021 Bermuda Summer Ferry  scheduale so am attaching it. As I understand it from reading Bermuda media and Bermuda social media the suspension of the Orange Line is temporary do to Covid 19 and the lack of cruise ship visitors to the Dockyard. Whenever regular cruise ship visits resume I would expect the Orange Line to resume operations. 

Summer Ferry Schedule 2021.pdf

Charles - Thanks for the info!!!  We just booked May 2022, so if all goes well Covid-wise I expect the Orange Line to be operating. 

For both the Hamilton and the St Georges ferries, is there normally a problem getting seats on the last and next to last returns to the Dockyard?

Thanks, Ken

2 hours ago, Ken076 said:

Charles - Thanks for the info!!!  We just booked May 2022, so if all goes well Covid-wise I expect the Orange Line to be operating. 

For both the Hamilton and the St Georges ferries, is there normally a problem getting seats on the last and next to last returns to the Dockyard?

Thanks, Ken

The last few years getting seats on the St. George's ferries has not been a problem as NCL has been running a parallel private ferry that they own that is complementary to NCL passengers. So if things return to normal, public ferry and private NCL St. George's ferry there should be enough seats. For the Hamilton ferries returning to the Dockyard normally only on the Wednesday "Harbour Nights" are the last runs crowded. In recent years theyhave  put an extra last ferry in service to accommodate cruise passengers on Harbour Night. Keep in mind  all our information is dated now and there could be changes.

Edited by Charles4515