How many dance venues are on Edge/Apex with a live band or DJ music?

gam888

We are considering Apex for a July sailing this year. I understand that she is the sister ship of Edge. We would like to have an opportunity to do some dancing when cruising resumes. We enjoy a bit of ballroom dancing and also club dancing. I did some research on Apex and also have watched some videos on the Edge from her sailings prior to the suspension. I notice that "The Club" is the main dancing venue on the ship. I can't find any footages of other dance venues on Youtube other than "The Club". I read that some evenings there might be performances or other functions in the Club, so when that happens, naturally the space will not be used for the house band or DJ playing music for dancing. Could folks who have sailed on the Edge before please share their experience with us regarding how many other dance venues there are on the ship, with either a house band playing or a DJ playing music? We have sailed with the Constellation, and Silhouette before, we have enjoyed both of them. Each one of these ships have at least two lounges with a good size dance floor, but as I mentioned, I can only see one lounge in the Apex that has a dance floor. Which is kind of surprising. Thank you in advance for any information that you would share with us.

You are correct that the only dance floor on Edge was The Club. They did have bands at the martini bar space - enough room to dance on carpet but not ideal for dancing.  One night they did silent disco in the Eden bar and that was quite popular.

My husband and I enjoy dancing together and we made do with what was available. One night we managed to get a little space on the tiny wooden area in the martini bar and had a bit of ballroom. We caught the attention of one of the officers who made a point of referring to us the rest of the week as "her dancers".

When we did the bridge tour, one of the passengers asked Capt Kate about the lack of ballroom dance space (we were on her first cruise as Edge captain). She said it was a matter of space and trying to accommodate as many entertainment interests as possible. 

That said, we loved the ship and look forward to cruising on Edge again.

Thanks Cdresser for replying my post. I checked the Martini Bar on Youtube and I can see that little area of wooden floor you were referring to. My husband and I will always try to make do with whatever ballroom we can find as well when we go cruising. I am just a bit surprised that for a ship the size of Apex and Edge, there is only one designated lounge with a proper dance floor. We will just have to hope for the best if we do decide to go on the Apex, after 15 months of shut down, we are just excited that cruising has restarted, and we don't expect to get the same experience as cruising before the shut down, but we are just thankful that we still have our health and looking forward to cruise again.