RCCL Lift-and-Shift mistake

My Spring 2020 was cancelled and I took the FCC. Rescheduled for August 2020 and then May 2021 and those were cancelled too. After RCCL cancelled the May 2021 sailing I asked about the Lift-and-shift option to May 2022. Agent was unable to find the same cruise/ship (out of San Juan) but said a Miami sailing would qualify. Rebooked for May 2022. I was told to ignore invoice until their back office can apply the lift-and-shift price protection. I waited a couple of months and nothing happened. Upon reaching out to RCCL I was told that the initial phone rep was incorrect and the Miami cruise (Eastern Caribbean) does not qualify for lift-and-shift for my previously booked San Juan (Southern Caribbean) cruise. It is the same state room and duration but a different "type" of cruise.

Do I have any recourse? The posted price is much higher on the Miami cruise. I didnt care when I made the booking as I thought I was price protected. The manager I spoke with last said there is nothing he can do and he cannot escalate the issue any higher. Appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed.

52 minutes ago, tramm7 said:

I waited a couple of months and nothing happened. 

Do I have any recourse?

Appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed.

You should not have waited that long without action.

Unlikely.

Take the FCC (that's what you should have) and book something else.

6 hours ago, tramm7 said:

My Spring 2020 was cancelled and I took the FCC. Rescheduled for August 2020 and then May 2021 and those were cancelled too. After RCCL cancelled the May 2021 sailing I asked about the Lift-and-shift option to May 2022. Agent was unable to find the same cruise/ship (out of San Juan) but said a Miami sailing would qualify. Rebooked for May 2022. I was told to ignore invoice until their back office can apply the lift-and-shift price protection. I waited a couple of months and nothing happened. Upon reaching out to RCCL I was told that the initial phone rep was incorrect and the Miami cruise (Eastern Caribbean) does not qualify for lift-and-shift for my previously booked San Juan (Southern Caribbean) cruise. It is the same state room and duration but a different "type" of cruise.

Do I have any recourse? The posted price is much higher on the Miami cruise. I didnt care when I made the booking as I thought I was price protected. The manager I spoke with last said there is nothing he can do and he cannot escalate the issue any higher. Appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed.

I would try again.  Ask them to pull the call, where you were told you could do the lift and shift.   It sounds like they are acknowledging the error, but I’d still try again with a new supervisor, and a new request.  

They do have the right to correct omissions and errors, so technically they can refuse to honor the L&S.  But of course it just doesn’t sit right when we aren’t treated fairly.  

Explain that you’ve been doing everything you can to stay with Royal through the pandemic, and you really need some help here.  

I usually don’t recommend contacting cruise line execs.  But in this case, if you can’t get satisfaction, I’d say to 

send Michael Bayley a message on Facebook.  

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 6/10/2021 at 1:50 PM, JsMom2 said:

I would try again.  Ask them to pull the call, where you were told you could do the lift and shift.   It sounds like they are acknowledging the error, but I’d still try again with a new supervisor, and a new request.  

They do have the right to correct omissions and errors, so technically they can refuse to honor the L&S.  But of course it just doesn’t sit right when we aren’t treated fairly.  

Explain that you’ve been doing everything you can to stay with Royal through the pandemic, and you really need some help here.  

I usually don’t recommend contacting cruise line execs.  But in this case, if you can’t get satisfaction, I’d say to 

send Michael Bayley a message on Facebook.  

So I procrastinated another 7 months....and it was about to be time for my final payment. I took the advise above and contacted Michael Bayley via Facebook messenger. Laid out all the facts and asked for considerations. My message was acknowledged within a couple of hours and I was told they would look into it. Received an email response about a week later from someone in the executive office and they honored the lift-and-shift price. Super happy. Thanks JsMom2 for the excellent advise!

• Like 14

17 hours ago, tramm7 said:

So I procrastinated another 7 months....and it was about to be time for my final payment. I took the advise above and contacted Michael Bayley via Facebook messenger. Laid out all the facts and asked for considerations. My message was acknowledged within a couple of hours and I was told they would look into it. Received an email response about a week later from someone in the executive office and they honored the lift-and-shift price. Super happy. Thanks JsMom2 for the excellent advise!

So happy it worked out for you!!