How Close Can You Book Before Sailing Date?

Paul NH

Does anyone know what Cunard's policy is on the cut-off date for booking a voyage? In other words, how many days or weeks before a crossing sail-date will Cunard still accept a booking? I thought I saw this in the past on the board somewhere but cannot find it.

Thanks,

Paul

Does anyone know what Cunard's policy is on the cut-off date for booking a voyage? In other words, how many days or weeks before a crossing sail-date will Cunard still accept a booking? I thought I saw this in the past on the board somewhere but cannot find it.

Thanks,

Paul

Since sept 11 I believe that cruise ships must have passenger manifests in to the US governmemt at least ten days prior to sailing. Could be wrong but that has been posted on several sites as the cut off point.

Back in 2003, we met some people who booked QE2 TA two days before sailing. They were trying to find a cargo ship to travel on on account of their fear of flying, but a last minute deal came up on QE2 which made sense to them.

I dare say that Cunard are willing to fill every berth even at the last minute. They can do passport checks etc at departure port and send the info on to US immigration who then have 6 days to decide whether the passenger is 'welcome'.

Of greater interest though is Cunard's own desire to ensure that passengers are not the sort who may be on board with an 'ulterior' motive.

Since Achilles Laro (sp!!) there have not been any major incidents on cruise ships, but I fear that sooner or later this may change.

Back in 2003, we met some people who booked QE2 TA two days before sailing. They were trying to find a cargo ship to travel on on account of their fear of flying, but a last minute deal came up on QE2 which made sense to them.

I dare say that Cunard are willing to fill every berth even at the last minute. They can do passport checks etc at departure port and send the info on to US immigration who then have 6 days to decide whether the passenger is 'welcome'.

Of greater interest though is Cunard's own desire to ensure that passengers are not the sort who may be on board with an 'ulterior' motive.

Since Achilles Laro (sp!!) there have not been any major incidents on cruise ships, but I fear that sooner or later this may change.

over the years there have been many threats against cunard ships the qe2 and the qm2 as well security at cunard is the best available. the ira has many times made threats against the crown and the qe2 with out success. Lets hope the good security keeps it that way. my opinion is we are safer on theqm2 than on any airline!!!!! regards to all

Since sept 11 I believe that cruise ships must have passenger manifests in to the US governmemt at least ten days prior to sailing. Could be wrong but that has been posted on several sites as the cut off point.

all ships coming into us ports must give 96 hour notice of intent to enter.Notice must have a full idenity description of personnell and freight invoices which are reviewed prior to allowing entry to us ports

Archived