Aurea exp in Fantastica Suite

MarkusToe

21 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

We booked grand Suite and got it canceled by MSC, now the offer 2 Fantastica Suites but Aurea exp. Included.

Is that possible?, I thought the exp. is pending on room you have booked...

Is it extra price? If not, I'd take it, Aurea often costs $500 more per person vs Fantastica.

I've booked an Aurea and we are downgraded to Fantastica....stated by travel agency, but booking show Fantastica Suite, Aurea experience....

This fact I've never seen this is possible....

Edited by MarkusToe

Just now, MarkusToe said:

I've booked an Aurea and we are downgraded to Fantastica....

Wait, so you paid for an Aurea suite and they've now downgraded you to Fantastica experience with no refund? That's not right.

It's more complicated...

Booked grand Suite, 2 bedroom, Aurea.... confirmed, partly paid.

MSC send new invoice, plus 1600 EUR.

I've told TA, hey we have an contract, you are not allowed to increase ....

Then the booking was changed because the SD3 Suite will be corona quarantine area now.

They removed 3 out if the 5pax  booking and send gratulations for assignment of our guarantee stateroom.....

Now the situation is like written before....

Edited by MarkusToe

17 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

It's more complicated...

Booked grand Suite, 2 bedroom, Aurea.... confirmed, partly paid.

MSC send new invoice, plus 1600 EUR.

I've told TA, hey we have an contract, you are not allowed to increase ....

Then the booking was changed because the SD3 Suite will be corona quarantine area now.

They removed 3 out if the 5pax  booking and send gratulations for assignment of our guarantee stateroom.....

Now the situation is like written before....

Sounds like they're trying to do the best they can and giving you 2 suites instead of 1 grand suite. As long as the Aurea experience is included, it doesn't seem so bad.

It's the same basic offer MSC made people who early on booked two bedroom Grand Suites on Seaside, then MSC found out they all weren't two bedrooms.  There's not much difference between an Aurea and Fantastica balcony so MSC offering a Fantastica cabin with Aurea perks is not that big of a deal.  Hopefully MSC decided on the two Fantastica cabins because they were close or better yet connected?

Do not worry. Similar combinations happen all the time.

Cabin and "experience" are only loosely connected. MSC quite often chances cabin assignments but passengers keep their experience. 

In a different example than your somebody might get an Aurea cabin but keep his booked Bella experience.

In your case: Two suites (with two bath rooms, balconies, you name it) for the price of one - lucky you!

New change now...changed again to 2 YCP 

But one time Aurea, one with fantastica...

How would this work in YC....from my experience if you are in you are in...incl bar, food...

Edited by MarkusToe

2 hours ago, carlmm said:

Do not worry. Similar combinations happen all the time.

Cabin and "experience" are only loosely connected. MSC quite often chances cabin assignments but passengers keep their experience. 

In a different example than your somebody might get an Aurea cabin but keep his booked Bella experience.

In your case: Two suites (with two bath rooms, balconies, you name it) for the price of one - lucky you!

The 2 Fantastia are about 2k US cheaper than the one I've booked....

What is a YCP cabin?  Did you have four adults or two adults and children?  I could see MSC stating one cabin gets Aurea and one Fantastica since only the first two in a cabin get the massage, but what about the drinks packages which all in the original Aurea would have received.

You can't compare the price of the Fantastica cabins since you stated they were keeping the Aurea benefits.  Pricing two Aurea balconies would be more appropriate if all are keeping Aurea perks.