Tuxedos

We like dressing up for the formal nights when cruising....bad news, my husband's tux no longer fits him...good news, it does fit our teen son. We went onto e bay last Thursday and (based on other posters on cc) ordered a tux. It arrived today and it's beautiful! Brand new and a bonus of black dress sox and a travel bag -including shipping a whopping:D $78! What a bargain. We highly recommend this option!

I just went and looked for the name of the place on Ebay that we got the tux from - it was Fashion House from Union City, NJ. Good luck! By the way, they even offerred to hem the pants first if you know the length you need...but then you can't return them if they don't fit. So we opted to just hem them here.

I love seeing a man in a tux. :) I finally talked my DH into getting one...with 3 formal nights on our next cruise in May, he'll have plenty of chances to wear it.

Which ebay seller did you purchase from? For that price, I might buy one for my teenage son.

I finally talked my DH into getting one....

Hi Sherry -

I finally talked my DH into getting a tux also on Saturday. We decided to get one that I have seen on Overstock all month for around $89. But when we went to order, his size was the only one that was sold out. But he still went and bought one yesterday locally to surprise me. It cost a little more, but it made me very happy. I agree with you, they look so cute in a tux!;)

we're likely going to rent - DH doesnt' want the hassle of packing and pressing and doesn't really think he'll get much use after the cruise. For @$100 they give you two shirts, studs/cufflinks, cumberbund & tie, tux. All delivered to your stateroom, pressed and ready to wear. A nice treat for DH and he's more willing to dress up now all he needs is his own sock shoes and undergarments!:cool:

Or maybe wear the dreaded flip flops!:eek:

He HATES flipflops with a passion - no I think we'll stick to traditional - wouldnt want to rock the boat (ship).:rolleyes: As for going commando - well its a rental and I don't think the "boys" would be comfy in a used foreign area KWIM? :p

scher,

This last cruise was the first time my husband has worn a tux. He opted to rent one from the ship so he didn't have to lug two suits with him. There were all types of suits and tuxes on our cruise. I don't think that the suit has to be a dark suit, just a suit.

He HATES flipflops with a passion - no I think we'll stick to traditional - wouldnt want to rock the boat (ship).:rolleyes: As for going commando - well its a rental and I don't think the "boys" would be comfy in a used foreign area KWIM? :p
TMI:eek:

I just went and looked for the name of the place on Ebay that we got the tux from - it was Fashion House from Union City, NJ. Good luck! By the way, they even offerred to hem the pants first if you know the length you need...but then you can't return them if they don't fit. So we opted to just hem them here.

Sherry7-Don't know if you saw my earlier post about the e bay seller. Also, I meant to say they hem them for free if you know your pant length.

Thanks for the info. I was just surfing the web trying to find a tux for my teen age nephew for our mariner trip next month. I will try ebay.:)

here is a link mentioned earlier,

http://stores.ebay.com/Fashion-House-Inc_Mens-Tuxedo-Suits_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQsclZ0QQtZkm

You may want to consider that although it is a really price you'll also need,

Tux shirt, Vest or cummerbund and neckwear, Studs and cufflinks, Tux shoes and since Tux pants rarely have belt loops you may want to consider suspenders. if it's for a teenager you may be better off with a rental. If you do rent and pay for the vest rental some rental places will also "throw in" a cummerbund and for an extended rental they will also "throw in" a second or third shirt, very nice for multiple formal nights.

ANyone know if they have rental tux's in kid sizes? DS will be 6yr. For kicks- how about a 3 yo size?

Two years ago I looked into renting a tux for my (then) three year old grandson for a wedding. It would have cost $80 - I also looked at a number of local stores that specialized in high end fancy kids clothes. To buy one would have cost $75. And that's without the shirt...etc. I looked on eBay and found SEVERAL either new or used once. I ended up buying one on eBay that had been used once, but it was in perfect condition, and paid $15. for it. It came with EVERYTHING, including shoes that fit him perfectly.

Thanks cajun & ssolomon! I do want a tux fo rmy son-he should be about a size 5 at the time. I may just get it here at our local rental shop. H eloves to wear his tie etc to dress up-Im sure he'll love a "big guy" tux!

As for my 3yo nephew-Im not sure what sister is planning- but these are great suggestions for her!

We did the same thing with my teen son (gave him Dad's when it got too small for him) and he LOVES wearing it! We just had the jacket taken up a bit and he would've worn it every nite on the cruise if I would've let him! He will have three opportunities to wear it this spring/summer so I can say we got our money's worth out of that one!

Denise

• 3 weeks later...

I just purchace a new TOP OF THE LINE 5-piece Italian Fellini Tuxedo on eBay for $160. The tux has all the tags attached including one that states the retail price of $1300. It anyone is interested in any details of my purchase please reply through this thread.

Thanks,

Bob

We like dressing up for the formal nights when cruising....bad news, my husband's tux no longer fits him...good news, it does fit our teen son. We went onto e bay last Thursday and (based on other posters on cc) ordered a tux. It arrived today and it's beautiful! Brand new and a bonus of black dress sox and a travel bag -including shipping a whopping:D $78! What a bargain. We highly recommend this option!

Thanks for the info. I have a tux, but want to get DS9 one for his next cruise. Thought about renting, but buying may be just as good at those prices.

Hi from a fellow Granite Stater.

Archived