Pathetic time for return of miss charges

FMichelson

Like many others, I was charged multiple times when attempting to make shore excursion purchases.  Viking was swift in removing funds via ACH from my bank account.  Viking admitted their errors via an unsigned email, yet 12 days later they have not made a $3,200 refund. Is this typical?

• 3 weeks later...

I’m not sure if it’s typical but for our November transatlantic they took a double payment ($7,223  X 2) out of our checking account.  It will be three weeks tomorrow and no refund yet.  I have two ocean cruises booked along with a river cruise.  I’m about to cancel all.  Just unacceptable.

7 hours ago, MS52 said:

I’m not sure if it’s typical but for our November transatlantic they took a double payment ($7,223  X 2) out of our checking account.  It will be three weeks tomorrow and no refund yet.  I have two ocean cruises booked along with a river cruise.  I’m about to cancel all.  Just unacceptable.

Some refunds simply fall through the cracks, especially these days.

We experienced a bit of a delay after the WC, so our TA gave them a ring. They were most apologetic and couriered us a cheque, which we received the next day.