Policy on B2B Europe?? Anyone Considering? Allowed?

Gen X Life

I know we do not know what "WILL BE Policy" in Nov or Dec for Trans Atlantic BUT; is anyone Considering a B2B with a TA?  Would you risk it? 

We would rather do a TA than the prior cruise....  But would LOVE TO DO BOTH and are trying to accommodate with work schedules.  

We could have a return flight booked just in case and just spend the extra 2+ weeks in Europe and fly home.... BUT we really WANT/PREFER the TA as we need the down time...  OR   

What about a B2B in general, for Oct or Nov in Europe? Too Risky??  Allowed??  Has NCL Revised Policy?  Who knows what will be going on in Europe come the Winter?

At this point, I have my doubts we will be sailing at all and I will be scrambling to use 4 weeks of vacation in December before I lose them. 

Please give a "what would you do" advice .  Anyone else B2B?

Edited by Gen X Life

I am booked for a back to back on the Epic in November, 2021. First leg is a 9 day cruise to Greek Islands/Turkey.  Will then be staying onboard the Epic for a TA returning to New York.  I am fully vaccinated, would hope that all other passengers/crew will be vaccinated as well.  For now, I am continuing on with my travel plans and will re-evaluate when I hear more from NCL.    Keeping my fingers crossed.   Not really fearful, just don't want to be constantly worried about who I am sitting next to, social distancing, etc.   I will wear a mask when I see fit, but plan on being outdoors a lot.  

I am also booked on a B2B. My TA did not think it was a problem.  

We will see when the time comes in Nov.  

We also are open to just stay in Europe if the TA gets cancelled.  I just really want to cruise.

2 hours ago, CruisinNewbie11 said:

I am booked for a back to back on the Epic in November, 2021. First leg is a 9 day cruise to Greek Islands/Turkey.  Will then be staying onboard the Epic for a TA returning to New York.  I am fully vaccinated, would hope that all other passengers/crew will be vaccinated as well.  For now, I am continuing on with my travel plans and will re-evaluate when I hear more from NCL.    Keeping my fingers crossed.   Not really fearful, just don't want to be constantly worried about who I am sitting next to, social distancing, etc.   I will wear a mask when I see fit, but plan on being outdoors a lot.  

How will they handle the covid testing on the ship to sail for the second leg of the B2B?  

Will they accept their own Covid test? As of right now;  you must have a re=entry test for the United States and to fly out of Europe; so they are testing on the ship ---  You must also have a new.Covid test to sail on the Cruise with=in ( I believe 72 hours) for the second leg.

HOW WILL WE GET THIS TEST??  Will we have to get it in a port ( Impossible?) or will they allow us to use the re-entry test that NCL is administering  on the ship for the second leg ?

I understand things could change , but as we are booking under CURRENT PROTOCOLS they could hold us to these regulations for cancelation reasons - and refuse us a refund and insurance could be invalid.

(We are also fully Vaccinated)

Edited by Gen X Life

2 hours ago, sheila77 said:

I am also booked on a B2B. My TA did not think it was a problem.  

We will see when the time comes in Nov.  

We also are open to just stay in Europe if the TA gets cancelled.  I just really want to cruise.

Please see my current post update about Second Leg Covid Test, if you have any additional info. == let us know.

I really want to cruise, also! Best of Luck; wishing you a Fabulous Cruise!

Unfortunately, we I do not know the testing rules.....

The CDC can change those rules at any time.  So I do understand that I am booking without knowing the facts.  It appears that Celebrity was testing on their ship, so I can only assume that NCL has a similar protocol.  

Final payment is in Sept, 2021 so I will make my final decision then.  

• Like 1

Who knows what the testing requirements/protocols will be come November... anything for November is hard to predict at this point.  If you proceed to book the B2B, keep an open mind and expect change along the way.   Maintain a "go-with-the-flow" attitude and you'll be fine!

• Like 1