Any News on Percentages % per Sailing

phoneman69

Mardi Gras will definitely not be sailing at 100% on her first cruises, but either the actual number is really high or people are just not interested in booking Mardi Gras. Carnival reopened sailings departing July 31 almost two weeks ago and there is still plenty of space open to book on every sailing. By contrast, Royal Caribbean opened sailings starting July 3rd (now July 31st) on Odyssey of the Seas and those dates were completely gone quickly (albeit with some inventory going to displaced guests of Independence of the Seas). I think the limited access for families (with children under 12) to book these first sailings on Mardi Gras has hurt Carnival's usually hot summer bookings.

Edited by NameThatFunnel

Given the number of people I have seen posting that the cruises they have booked over the next few months are not showing, I can't help but think that there are restrictions on capacity being put in place.  I have followed these boards for years and have never seen so many people post "where is my cruise?". I watched a video of a guy who just got off a cruise on another cruise line just a few days ago and he said they felt like the ship was sailing at about 30% capacity.  So we will have to wait and see what Carnival does when she sets sail again. Personally, I kind of like the idea of a reduced capacity ship, especially on my next cruise as the Sunshine has lots of great features, but itty bitty space!  🙂