Entertainment on P&O Summer Sailings.

Pink-belle

The original thread has been moved to roll calls, I’m guessing this was because it had 27th June in title.  As we had moved on to other sailings and a lot of us are interested in what is being offered, if Limelight Club appears etc, I have started a new thread.

• Like 1

Available to book for the cruise on the 27th June we have :-

Signature Performances

Headliners Mr Tickertons Clockwork Circus

Headliners Astonishing

Big Night Entertainer Tucker 

Elton John Rocket man 1

Elton John Rocket man 2

Live Music

3 sets by Pulse

The Trawler men. 

Guest Presenters

Olly Smith

a seminar on Lowry

3 lecturers by Eileen Goulding on Pirates and smuggling theme.

2 spa talks. 

Activities

Games how The Pursuit

Gameshow Less is more

2 Bingo sessions.

nothing appears for The Limelightclub.  No deck games or quizzes listed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

Still not available to book for the 1st July cruise, even though it stated that entertainment would be able to book from 21st June.

Ah but the 21st of June is a long day.🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, thornegirl said:

Still not available to book for the 1st July cruise, even though it stated that entertainment would be able to book from 21st June.

We got the email inviting us to Book Now, and guess what? I can login but not book anything🙄

Ahh, I haven't had an email as yet, booked direct with P&O.  If we can't book will have to spend one night in the Glasshouse eating and drinking and one night in Epicurian.  Which is a good alternative, if the Headliners show is Astonishing, not really keen on seeing that for a 4th time. 

3 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

Ahh, I haven't had an email as yet, booked direct with P&O.  If we can't book will have to spend one night in the Glasshouse eating and drinking and one night in Epicurian.  Which is a good alternative, if the Headliners show is Astonishing, not really keen on seeing that for a 4th time. 

I wish I could tell you, but I still can't find where to book

1 hour ago, trollydolly said:

So does that mean no full production shows ,are those not available to book or not on at all ? The clockwork circus one is sold out already it’s all a bit confusing.

For the 27th? Astonishing and Clockwork Circus  are production shows. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for clarifying, Yes 27th ,it’s  our first time with P and O so wasn’t sure, I’ve managed to book astonishing but clockwork fully booked, a little disappointed as the theatre shows are only entertainment we bother with and didn’t realise until your post that we had to book. Thanks for help.

51 minutes ago, trollydolly said:

Thanks for clarifying, Yes 27th ,it’s  our first time with P and O so wasn’t sure, I’ve managed to book astonishing but clockwork fully booked, a little disappointed as the theatre shows are only entertainment we bother with and didn’t realise until your post that we had to book. Thanks for help.

It not usual to have to book on P&O, we have all booked in good faith, but of course as yet we don’t know what our dining arrangements will be.  With 3 shows a night I’m sure there will be additional availability onboard.  People will also, cancel or just not show up. 
another first is the app we use on board, so any availability will show on that 😀

the Elton John tribute is usually really good, seen him a few times. 

test cruise going ahead tonight, they get off tomorrow, and then it’s almost our turn 😀

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

I now managed to book a few things. I wonder, if you just turn up somewhere will they let you in if there is space? 

Yes I am sure they will, plus check the app, for availability.  I booked Astonishing for 10:30 on embarkation day, as I’ve seen it before, if I feel too tired I would cancel not just not show up. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Yes I am sure they will, plus check the app, for availability.  I booked Astonishing for 10:30 on embarkation day, as I’ve seen it before, if I feel too tired I would cancel not just not show up. 

Yes I would cancel too. I have booked a few things and now I can see the seat numbers we have been given.

44 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

Managed to book Tom Binns (comedian), Pulse in the Live Lounge , Clockwork in the main theatre and Guest speakers Marco Pierre White and Eric Lanlard.  Really looking forward to the last one.

Is there only one Headliners, or are you just passing on Astonishing? 

Edited by Pink-belle

11 hours ago, thornegirl said:

The other Headliners act was 'The sound of the Underground', which we have seen before.

I booked that, I can't remember if I've seen it or not. I also booked Tom Binns, Clockwork and 2 Snowball  Bingos. Must remember to take my bingo dabbers.

4 hours ago, Cathygh said:

I booked that, I can't remember if I've seen it or not. I also booked Tom Binns, Clockwork and 2 Snowball  Bingos. Must remember to take my bingo dabbers.

Is this booking for theatre shows just for the seacation cruises, or will it apply to the normal itinerary cruises starting in Sept/Oct?

10 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Is this booking for theatre shows just for the seacation cruises, or will it apply to the normal itinerary cruises starting in Sept/Oct?

I guess that will depend on Social distancing rules, and the feed back from pax and staff.

it wouldn’t be my choice going forward, I don’t like to plan all my evenings onboard, preferring to go with the flow and accepting I might be too late at some venues for some entertainment. 

However, think this is helpful in the current climate.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

MX the 4 sailaway options have been revealed 😀 ours might not be exactly the same, as artistes may differ and Pulse might make it to the Lido.

on the test cruise thread 😀

What is odd is it looks like in theory you could go to all 4 options. I wonder if / when we book for that?

Have you noticed that there is no entertainment listed in th CP at the moment.