How deep does the water get

walkswife

We will be in Belize the end of March and are planning on cave tubing.....we have one mom who is not overly comfortable in the water. What is the deepest the water gets while you are tubing? She had a bad water accident a while back.....I'm planning on bringing bungee cords and fastening her tube to mine.....will this work?

walkswife,

I would just inform your tour guide of the situation -- last year I was on the rapids portion with my gf and because we linked our tubes together (by holding on) ... her's flipped when she rubbed up against some rocks... she went under for a few ... thank god the tour guide rapidly pulled her out...

But I told him about her being scared at that point and he personally kept a close watch on her.

Most of the ride is very slow -- so don't worry much about it.

I felt totally safe with cave-tubing.com I was scared also. The only issue is that it is a long walk. Otherwise, TOTALLY WORTH IT. Not scary at all, once you are in the water. When you are looking down towards the water, it does look scary... but when you are in the water you realize how shallow it is, up to your knees in most cases and warm. If you can't walk for 30 -45 minutes however, then you should not go. Also it is slippery. So if you have major issues with balance- like the elderly, I would not go also. The walk can be hard for some. I am not athletic, but I am 30, so it was a breeze for me. I could see it being hard for someone with knee problems or recent surgery. Ok... maybe this is obvious, but you should know.

As for them floating off... wont' happen with cave-tubing.com. We had a guide take care of us all the way. He paddled for us! We just sat back and relaxed. I saw other tour companies leave you on you own. With Cave-tubing.com just sit back and relax... it was more peaceful than anything. We took a lot of pictures will slowly floating along. No need for bungee cords, they actuall held on to anyone who was scared. But they would let you do it if you wanted to. In a few places that were fast he was totally holding on to us and controlling the motion. For the first time tubing person.. this is totally safe and fun. Next time I go though... I am going to ask if there is something more adventurous....

Archived