In-room dinner

Trail46

My husband and I are traveling with a friend who will be in a separate room. Can we get three meals delivered to our room so we can eat together? If it matters, we're in a royal suite on the Constellation.

Also, the Celebrity rep I spoke to noted that we requested that the three of us be seated at a table for four without a fourth person. What are the chances of that happening? It seems silly to put one person with us, particularly if we go off to Oceanliners or casual eating, in which case they'd be left alone. (One rep said they would put a fourth, the other offered to note our request.)

Thanks in advance for your responses. I love reading these boards!

My husband and I are traveling with a friend who will be in a separate room. Can we get three meals delivered to our room so we can eat together? If it matters, we're in a royal suite on the Constellation.

Also, the Celebrity rep I spoke to noted that we requested that the three of us be seated at a table for four without a fourth person. What are the chances of that happening? It seems silly to put one person with us, particularly if we go off to Oceanliners or casual eating, in which case they'd be left alone. (One rep said they would put a fourth, the other offered to note our request.)

Thanks in advance for your responses. I love reading these boards!

Trail46,

You can have as many meals as you want sent to your room, within reason. You can have a dinner get together in your room with other people you may meet on the cruise if you want, just like if you were at your table in the dinning room. I would think they would honor your seating request in the dinning room too. If you don't get the request that you want, after the first night talk to the Asst' Maitre d', you may have to slip him a $10-20 bill, or maybe not. But he can take care of it for you. In less the whole cruise is over booked and everyone has the dinner seating you have, the Asst' Maitre d' has the power to do it.

Mark

Mark

MarkSpark is right, but you can also check the same afternoon as you board. The restaurant maitre d' is often in the Rendezvous Lounge that afternoon, fixing problems and letting people know the location of their table. The one thing I found odd is that he even told you the basic info on your tablemates- age range, if they were couples, and I think even state/country, but I might be wrong on that.

Andrew

The butler will serve the dinner, course by course, just like in the dining room, if you ask and give him some advance notice. When I was recouperating after surgery, the butler did this for us. He also unpacked and packed my suitcases.

The butler will serve the dinner, course by course, just like in the dining room, if you ask and give him some advance notice. When I was recouperating after surgery, the butler did this for us. He also unpacked and packed my suitcases.

And polishes shoes:) My grandparents had a minisuite a few years ago and their butler was fantastic - he offered to press and shine everyone's shoes (there were 11 of us) - just put it all in my grandparent's room. Of course, he was amply tipped at the end of the cruise. Enjoy your cruise and your butler (I am insanely jealous). You dinner in your room will lovely and enjoyable. Just in case you didnt know - you can also order off the dining room menu not just the room service menu

Archived