1st Time Cruiser on the Sun with ??

MissouriGirl

My husband and I are first-time cruisers scheduled on the Sun leaving March 4th to the Eastern Carribean. I've spent hours on this site trying to absorb all the good information. I have a few silly questions that I hope someone can answer for me. Does the cruise provide hangers for your clothes?

Also, we will be leaving our 18-month old daughter for the first time (for this long), and I want to stay in touch with her grandparents as much as possible. I've already spoken to my cell phone provider regarding international roaming rates. There was a toll-free number provided in the information we received from NCL that was for people wanting to contact us while on board. Does anyone know if we get charged for incoming shore-to-ship calls? If so, is it the same $6.00 rate as the ship-to-shore calls?

One last question, for those who've been on the Sun recently, do they still not provide a self-service laundry? If not, how much does the ship charge?

Thanks!!!

Being a new NCL cruiser (March 11) I can only provide information that I have gleemed from this site. The Sun does not have a self service Laundry, I believe the price is $25 per bag for their laundry service.

As for the other info, I can only speculate so I will not comment.

Ccs

That per bag laundry is generally only offered one time.

They do provide hangars for your clothes and if you need some more, just ask your room steward.

I can't really answer the phone question. I think that your cell phone would be dependent of having satellite connection and I'm not sure the Sun offers that. I'm sure you will get an answer on that here. :)

I think you pretty much have your answers. You really don't need a self service laundry on a one week cruise if you wear lots of mix and match outfits. The $25 bag laundry is a wonderful feature. Relax, enjoy your cruise and let grandma and grandad have all the fun with the little one for a week. When our 2 oldest grandkids, now one is married and one in college were little, we played mommy and daddy for a week each year so the real mommy and daddy could get away for a week or so each year. We loved every minute of it but were always glad when the week ended. NMNita

Archived