Do Azamara Recognise the Astra Zeneca Vaccination?

SomersetCruiser999

Hi, I have read recently that the US has not authorised the Astra Zeneca vaccine and therefore wonder if Azamara cruises will accept double jabbed Astra Zeneca passengers? I believe Azamara cruises is registered in Malta? Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

10 minutes ago, Mrs Skip said:

I certainly hope they recognise Astra Zenica… however if the US decides not to, then those of us hoping to sail from Miami are the end of the year are goosed anyway… 

am in the same position and still hoping that our cruise (one before yours) can happen. I would feel less concerned about cancellation (whether vaccine or proclamation related)  if Azamara were doing Caribbean 12 months later but it looks like if it doesn't happen for us this year it would be a different cruise company if wanting to do similar in Nov/Dec 2022...Azamara ticks all my boxes and love the experience (this would be 4th Azamara cruise), not sure who else can compare 😞

• Like 1

Not totally inconsequential. The country of entry might take umbrage should you have gotten the worthless Sputnik or Sinopharm vaccines. There is also a big problem apparently with Astra Zeneca vaccine produced in India. India, not the EU or USA.  Definitely holds true with entry into the EU entries, at least at this time. Covid rates plummeted in the UK once they started administering the AZ vaccine. To the best of my knowledge, AZ is no longer being administered here in the US, however I could be wrong. In reality, you can currently walk up to almost any pharmacy here in the US and get vaccinated. No line, no pre-approvals, no citizenship requirements, etc. Please, unvaccinated folks out there, please do NOT get your medical information from hacks, newspaper reporters, TV reporters, chiropractors, and most definitely not your next door neighbor who's aunt Tilly had a heart attack the next day! We need herd immunity, the vaccines are safe and very effective. Nothing is 100% perfect or guaranteed, there will be anecdotal problems, just as there are anecdotal reports of lottery winners. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dr H said:

...There is also a big problem apparently with Astra Zeneca vaccine produced in India. India, not the EU or USA.  Definitely holds true with entry into the EU entries, at least at this time. ...

Also an issue for some here in Canada, where many of the doses of AstraZeneca administered in spring 2021 were the Covishield variety of AZ manufactured in India.  Quite a few people in Canada got AZ/Covishield for their first dose and then European- or US-manufactured AZ for their 2nd.  And now Canadians who got some variant of AZ for their first dose are being advised to get Pfizer or Moderna for their 2nd, if they haven't already received their 2nd dose. 

Hope that full approval for all these combinations will be forthcoming from all relevant authorities, and that that Azamara will accept them as constituting full vaccinations.