Westerdam-- Kids

jlof

• 3 weeks later...

We took our kids on the Westerdam in January. They had a blast! Club HAL was great for them (ages 5 and 8) and it gave me and the wife a break. Activities were planned all day (except lunch time) and went until 11:00PM ish. It wasn't quite the Disney Cruise line :rolleyes: , but what do you expect?

Sorry for the short post - I actuallky broke my hand badly in Costa Maya (just got the pins out):eek: .

Call ship's services and ask....

Good suggestion.

When we made our reservations for the Westerdam in August, the HAL gal put me on hold and gave me a specific breakdown by age group, which is a lot more than RCCL was able to tell me (which was zip) last year when we did a western Carib cruise.

Hmm... I just called HAL and asked for the kid count on the 3/19 cruise and she told me there wasn't a way for her to get that information.

Is there a secret number or code word that someone knows about?! :)

I broke my hand wrestling with my bro-in-law. I grabbed hold of the couch bed, we both put our weight on it (200lbs a piece), and the steel bars crushed my hand :(

Club HAL was every day - port or at sea. Their favorite activities were the scavenger hunts, art, movie night, heck - they loved it all. I was very impressed and pleasantly surprised. They understand the attention span is short so they change activities every 30-45 mintues throughout the day. I hope you have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...
Since Spring break is in full swing, does anyone have anything to add about the kid clubs? I love to hear comments about club Hal.

Check out my recently posted review on this board. It is titled "Westerdam March 19, 2006 Review (LONG)"

There's a good bit written about our experience with Club HAL.

Archived