Comments from our Friends on the RCCL Board

CanTex

Our last cruise on RCCI we were going to a cocktail tasting/making seminar (great chance to try different drinks and get a buzz for $10, try it sometime if you get a chance).
We were in a port (can't remember which one) and were waiting for the class to start. Everyone just walked over to the glass wall and watched a Carnival ship come in to drop anchor.
The assistant cruise director drew us off to start the class saying 'You don't want to watch them, they're trashy compared to us.", another PAX whispered 'not true, I like both.'
Talking vague baseless trash about your competition is trashy and lacks class.

We like RCI, but I'm willing to try other lines.

For me the most important thing about a cruise is fun, and that’s Carnivals specialty.
The fun may go overboard at times, but skipping cruising during summer and spring break and sticking to newer ships 7 days + will probably put us in the company of folks who have some balance.
(Maybe I'm a bit paranoid here, but spring break and 'Fun' adds up to double excess to me)

So next winter I'm hitting the Valor, and Radiance. I will try out Princess some time also, it looks like a good line.

I guess what it comes down to is 'Don't knock what you haven't tried.', and 'Different strokes to different folks.'

• 7 months later...
I try to experience different cruise lines to see the differences, will be sailing royal carribean for the first time in november. It will be hard to beat the carnival celebration or legend experience! The "party" boat experience I saw was Norwegian leeward, it was a very nice ship but more party people than any carnival trip I have made! The calm crowd and best food was definately the Costa Victoria! I have never received cold food or bad experience with carnival, I just hope that RCCL can match it or surpass it! I feel that the 7 day cruises are a little calmer and better than 3 or 4 day cruises!

Archived