Apex- disembarkation times for 12:50pm flight?

kayguz

I'm hoping someone can give me some direction--- we are flying out of Athens following the cruise.  How early is the recommended time to arrive at the Athens airport for international flight?  Any ideas of the disembarkation times?  Trying to give the driver a pick up time.  

Also, when we arrive into Athens, how long after our arrival should we have the driver scheduled for the pick up?

Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, kayguz said:

I'm hoping someone can give me some direction--- we are flying out of Athens following the cruise.  How early is the recommended time to arrive at the Athens airport for international flight?  Any ideas of the disembarkation times?  Trying to give the driver a pick up time.  

Also, when we arrive into Athens, how long after our arrival should we have the driver scheduled for the pick up?

Thanks for the help!

Everyone must leave the ship before 9:00 am. and the drive from the port to the airport is over 45 min.  If you are planning to get your VAT refund,  plan for an extra hour.  Bring everything printed on paper and if you are flying American or British Airways download the Verifly app.  Hope this helps 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drarill said:

Everyone must leave the ship before 9:00 am. and the drive from the port to the airport is over 45 min.  If you are planning to get your VAT refund,  plan for an extra hour.  Bring everything printed on paper and if you are flying American or British Airways download the Verifly app.  Hope this helps 

Wow didn't know that everyone has to be off the ship by 9:00 but it makes sense they need the extra time to clean, etc.  We have a 12:45 pm flight so that's good to know.

3 hours ago, drarill said:

Thank you for the info!!!

2 hours ago, camella said:

Wow didn't know that everyone has to be off the ship by 9:00 but it makes sense they need the extra time to clean, etc.  We have a 12:45 pm flight so that's good to know.

Looks like I was mistaken; off the ship by 9:30 am and had to leave our room by 8:00 am. Hope the picture helps

IMG_6853.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kevanmia said:

Celebrity transfers support any flight leaving ATH at 11:00am or later

I tried to book transfers post cruise from Apex to Athens airport on 8/7 and it was greyed out, I couldn't click on anything.  Can you book these on board?

Our flight was a 12:15 PM departure.

We requested a 7:45 AM debarkation time and emailed our driver at George's Taxi to arrange for an 8:00 AM pick-up.  It took less than 10 minutes to retrieve our luggage and connect with our driver, and we arrived at the Athens Airport at 9:00 AM. 

Once we checked in, the lines were getting pretty long from that point on, so it's a good idea to leave plenty of time at the airport just in case - 3 hours before the flight is now the recommended arrival time for international travel.

We had just enough time to browse through duty free, grab a light snack, and boarded shortly after arriving to the gate.

Based on our experience debarking the Apex's inaugural cruise,  leaving the port no later than 8:30 should give you ample time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, ian441672 said:

I tried to book transfers post cruise from Apex to Athens airport on 8/7 and it was greyed out, I couldn't click on anything.  Can you book these on board?

You might try calling customer service, but the shore excursion desk onboard should be happy to assist as well.  I've never heard of transfers running out of seats.

We've used George's Taxis too.

You can probably find that company and others on the Ports of Call boards.

I'd definitely recommend a private transfer and there may be others on your Roll Call who wish to share transportation.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

9 hours ago, kevanmia said:

You might try calling customer service, but the shore excursion desk onboard should be happy to assist as well.  I've never heard of transfers running out of seats.

Thank you, I did this and they have booked it for me and added the cost to my itinerary (which I have just paid - £64 / $85 for the two of us).

20 hours ago, ian441672 said:

Thank you, I did this and they have booked it for me and added the cost to my itinerary (which I have just paid - £64 / $85 for the two of us).

Incidentally, George's Taxi came back after a couple of days quoting 65 Euros, so similar costs all round. I stuck with the ship in the end as it is all seamless (hopefully).