Confused! Kids (12 & under) testing and Ocean Club

I'm sure I can count on CC'ers!  

I thought I read something recently that said children 12 and under, that can't be vaccinated, would be tested getting on the ship at no expense. I know there is a fee for unvaccinated people that are eligible to be vaccinated.

I just talked to a guy at RC that told me my two grandsons, 3 and 5, don't have to be tested, BUT if they want to go to the kids club they have to have been tested before getting on the ship.  Or they could be tested on the ship and have to pay for the test.  

Does any know?  Thanks for any help!

Different rules are currently posted for different departure points and sailings... best resource is to go to the source: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center

July and August sailings out of Florida has very clear guidelines, as well as the one for Adventure of the Seas out of Bahamas... so far testing is required for all 3 before boarding. And some of them even during the cruise as additional testing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nanners said:

I thought I read something recently that said children 12 and under, that can't be vaccinated, would be tested getting on the ship at no expense. I know there is a fee for unvaccinated people that are eligible to be vaccinated.

I just talked to a guy at RC that told me my two grandsons, 3 and 5, don't have to be tested, BUT if they want to go to the kids club they have to have been tested before getting on the ship.  Or they could be tested on the ship and have to pay for the test.  

This doesn't sound right....they should be able to get tested by the ship as they board at no cost. Call back and speak to another rep.

16 hours ago, nanners said:

16 hours ago, nanners said:

This should read under 12 testing..  It is free for under 12 and testing is upon arrival.

If 12 and over aren’t vaccinated they must test prior to arrival and upon arrival at their expense.

Edited by later
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 4:48 PM, Ashland said:

This doesn't sound right....they should be able to get tested by the ship as they board at no cost. Call back and speak to another rep.

I was thinking that, I just wanted to see if anyone new for sure. I hate calling RC because it seems you get a different answer every time you call.🙄

• Like 1