3 Nights on Sovereign

lynninsc

Has anyone done the 3 day Bahamas cruise on Sovereign of the Seas? My husband and I are considering this for a quick weekend getaway. We have done one other cruise - for 5 nights, and have a 7 night planned later this year. Coco Cay sounds like it may have some good snorkeling. Any opinions on this cruise?

Ok, here is my diclaimer: this is the only cruise I have been on (yet) so I could be biased! However, my family and I absolutely loved this cruise. The ship is older and smaller (the cabins are tiny) but it was renovated in dry dock last year and doesn't show its age. We found all of the staff friendly and ready to help. The food was good (although I don't have much to compare it to).

The only bad thing was the cruise was much too short! We felt like we had just gotten on board and gotten to know the ship and it was over.

I think it would be perfect for a quick weekend getaway.

Jerilyn

Thanks so much for the reply. My husband and I can drive to Port Canaveral in just a few hours, so I think it will be perfect for a weekend getaway. I have been to the Bahamas before (Nassau) and stayed for a few days, but have never been to Coco Cay. I really enjoyed Nassau before though, and think we will have a good time.

We took that cruise last year and enjoyed it a great deal. Get a balcony cabin if you can...there's nothing like having your morning cup-o-joe out there :D

We enjoyed everything on board. Nassau was a fun day touring historic sites & because of the nice long port stay, we were able to come back to the ship for a few hours, clean up, then head back out for a whole new adventure for dinner & gambling at Atlantis. Unfortunately, high seas prevented us from visiting Coco Cay.

Friends of ours took the same cruise another time & also enjoyed it (they did make it to Coco Cay & loved it...their pictures were beautiful).

Hi! We are in Florence. If I have my way we will be on the March 31 sailing also. We have not completely decided on a date, actually thought we may do it a couple of times this summer if all goes well and we enjoy the first one. Although, who am I kidding, it is a cruise what's not to enjoy? I will be sure and let you know if we are on that cruise.

Archived