Linked Bookings

The Med

We are a group of 2 couples traveling together on a 3 night staycation cruise.

We’ve booked through a TA, got a linked booking, although we’ve got two separate booking reference numbers

I’ve tried to book various events, shows etc, but each couple has to book separately.

We’ve done this but we’re now not sitting together in the theatre (we have a gap between us).

I just thought that we’d be able to book things as a group of 4.

Anyone else experiencing issues with this? 

8 hours ago, The Med said:

We are a group of 2 couples traveling together on a 3 night staycation cruise.

We’ve booked through a TA, got a linked booking, although we’ve got two separate booking reference numbers

I’ve tried to book various events, shows etc, but each couple has to book separately.

We’ve done this but we’re now not sitting together in the theatre (we have a gap between us).

I just thought that we’d be able to book things as a group of 4.

Anyone else experiencing issues with this? 

Don’t worry, the seat table numbers don’t apply, you just confirm your reservation by room number at the door of the venue then go inside, so arrive together and there won’t be an issue. 

All depends how busy the show bookings are. Many are quiet on current cruise. However as capacity increases the staff have said seat numbers could well be enforced. 

Booking restaurants is far easier as one cabin can book up to 6 people. 

• Thanks 1

We were split for absolutely everything.  We were 10 so knew indoors would be in bubbles. However we were not allowed together outside either. Sunbeds/chairs could not be moved to accommodate the joint booking even though reception claimed they could be.  We eventually gave up trying and stayed separate.  The cruise was nice, trying to reunite with the family was simply impossible as it would mean shouting across empty tables and bring a nuisance. We were disappointed with P&O for their confusing information on our group both before and during the cruise.  Even "bubbling" as a 6 and a 4 was frowned on. We would think long and hard before making a group booking in the current climate. We are on Princess in August and will be interested to see what, if any, difference we find.

• Thanks 1