Empires of the Mediterranean Oct 10, 2021

Arizona340

We have been on Viking cruises many times but with the COVID outbreak I have a general question. I have not approached Viking with my concerns but am looking for some comments before the phone call. We have a cruise in October 11,2021.  I see that Viking has overall control of guests while on a tour but are they free to leave the ship for casual sightseeing, in town, on their own after the tour?  Also does Viking prevent you from leaving the hotel on free time during the pre?  

Hi Arizona.  Also in Arizona (Oro Valley).  I posted about this as we are on Greek Odyssey sailing Oct 1.  We finally contacted our Viking rep and she said the policy through Sept 30 is no independent travel off the ship through Sept 30.  We sail Oct 1.  This would be a deal breaker for us.  Other cruise lines (I'm following folks on other lines currently in Greece on social media) are allowing independent travel off the ship at this time.  Of course anything could happen at any time but we are currently leaning towards cancelling as we enjoy exploring on our own.

Another Arizonan here (Fountain Hills). 

We are considering a Greek Isles cruise, but have not booked yet. I’ll be watching the situation and comments closely. Our experience in trying to be on a recent Malta cruise was depressing- not a Viking issue, but a Malta issue- Arizona was on the list of states who’s residents could not enter. We canceled the cruise as clearly we would not be able to board. The day we would have been boarding, Malta decided to allow everyone to board. Really missing  the Viking Ocean experience. 

• Like 1