Covid Test Required for All Iceland Visitors Starting July 26

jtwind

Has anyone heard anything official from Viking regarding the new testing requirement? My travel agent spoke with her Viking contact and was told that nothing has changed for us. She was even told that Viking has an arrangement whereby they test in Iceland so we don't need to test in the US. That sounds like the old procedure.

It's possible that Viking feels that passengers flying out of the US on July 26th are not affected even though we are arriving on the 27th in Iceland. I can't find an update on Delta--yet it will be their responsibility to confirm that we have a negative test, correct?

I'd love to see an official pronouncement from Iceland that states unequivocally if your flight originates on July 26 you are exempt from the testing requirement. And this assumes our fight isn't delayed until after midnight on the 27th!! We've booked tests for Saturday AM just in case. $175 each.

8 hours ago, NeilP57 said:

You just need to do your own research. I have an insurance policy that covers me for what I need, for travelling against FCO advice, but many do not. 

It is somewhat perplexing that the UK government permit travel to Iceland and includes it on the green list of countries, with the lowest level of checks on return. It also permits and allows UK cruises around UK waters with fully vaccinated UK passengers ( as long as there is a plan to vaccinate crew) and passengers test negative pre-boarding. I guess the only point of advising against International Cruising is that they do not wish UK passengers to mix with passengers from other countries, even if they are fully vaccinated and test negative on boarding. 

All that being said, we all have our decisions to make on this as Viking are happy to take us knowingly against FCO advice. 

Thank you Neil.  We have insurance.  I think we will have to phone them and find out if we are actually covered in all the present circumstances. The reason we booked this cruise is because Iceland is a Green country for UK travellers;  a country we could travel to with the minimum of hassle.  Also it is a country my Husband is very keen to visit!!!!!!  

• Like 1

Has anyone received any information about the new required Covid test from either Viking or their airline? We are on United and their website has information from June 30. Not helpful. I received an email from Viking yesterday with our final E-documents, but nothing was mentioned about the new requirements. It seems to me both United and Viking should notify us and provide instructions. If I didn't check these boards I would not know the requirements had changed. We traveled to Hawaii in March, so we are familiar with the drill for the 72 hour testing. For us it is Walgreens drive through. 

On 7/19/2021 at 10:35 AM, kate7047 said:

Iceland Monitor seems to be repeating the PCR or rapid test line- 

https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/news/2021/07/19/vaccinated_travellers_must_show_a_negative_test_sta/

Thanks. This article says 72 hrs before “arrival” in iceland. Awaiting clarification & official rules as I’ve now also seen 72 hrs from first leg “departure”& also 72 hrs from last leg “departure” Into Iceland. Glad we have time to figure it out, but I feel for those traveling sooner. 

Edited by Retired2016Cruiser

9 minutes ago, Retired2016Cruiser said:

Thanks. This article says 72 hrs before “arrival” in iceland. Awaiting clarification & official rules as I’ve now also seen 72 hrs from first leg “departure”& also 72 hrs from last leg “departure” Into Iceland. Glad we have time to figure it out, but I feel for those traveling sooner. 

The following is from covid.is

image.png.804a381154008da112ebe6afc5514949.png

• Thanks 1

The above screen shot has a link to this article that is actually on the Icelandic Government website.  I would feel more confident getting my info from this website than a newspaper website.  

https://www.government.is/news/article/2021/07/19/COVID-19-test-certificate-required-before-departure-for-vaccinated-travellers/

• Thanks 1

Delta has finally updated their Iceland information. 

Fully vaccinated passengers: Effective July 27th, fully vaccinated passengers will be required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test taken no more than 72 hours before departure to Iceland; this will apply to flights departing the U.S. on July 26 for a July 27 arrival. They are exempted from quarantine. 

One question answered! Now to figure out which test and where. Has anyone used the Azova rapid test? Delta seems to be partnered with them. We used the mail-in version this March. It was not without it's challenges. It seems the rapid test would be much simpler.

• Thanks 1

For what it is worth, below is the response I received from a covid.is live chat. I think she is saying that the US might accept it for returning US passengers from Iceland but that Iceland won't accept it for incoming tourists. I believe, however, that you are provided with certification from Azova. 

My travel agent told me yesterday that Viking is sending out a communication today about this. I haven't seen anything yet.

I'm guessing that those of us leaving the US on 7/26 with a 7/27 arrival are basically the guinea pigs for this process, as prior to 7/1 the test was done upon arrival in Iceland, right?

Acceptable Home COVID test

Wed, 07/21/21 8:43 am

Skilaboð/Message: Is the Ellume/Azova home test with video verification acceptable for travel into Iceland from the US on Delta airlines on July 27? It is approved for travel from Iceland into the US. Thank you!

Hildur L.

Wed, 07/21/21 11:30 am

Hi, if the US border accepts is, it should be okay but it is not enough to travel to Iceland as you will have to bring a certification via PCD or paper that includes these information:

Date of the test, name and number of the of laboratory or responsible authority, passengers name and date of birth. The certificate can be in the Icelandic, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish or English language to be valid in Iceland. A document in another language can be valid if accompanied by a certified stamped translation in one of the languages required.

This has just been posted on the Live Thread from Viking.

https://docs.vikingcruises.com/pdf/14-210721-RestartPreCruiseRequirement-Iceland-US-UK FINAL.pdf

It states that we need a PCR test to travel.

This does not accord with what the Iceland.is site states from the Icelandic Authorities which says that an antigen test is acceptable.

The following quote is a straight copy from the Iceland.is site

https://island.is/en/p/entry

NOTE: From 27 July 2021 vaccinated passengers (and those with a prior infection) born in 2004 or earlier, must present a negative PCR or antigen test (not older than 72 hours) prior to boarding a vessel to Iceland.

I have just booked my supervised Lateral Flow (Antigen) test for my 31 July departure and now I am unsure of what is correct.  Will British Airways allow me on the plane? Will the Icelandic Authorities allow me into the country?

Is this just Viking being over cautious?

Hopefully we can find out the answers over the coming day or two.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NeilP57 said:

https://docs.vikingcruises.com/pdf/14-210721-RestartPreCruiseRequirement-Iceland-US-UK FINAL.pdf

This does not accord with what the Iceland.is site states from the Icelandic Authorities which says that an antigen test is acceptable.

NOTE: From 27 July 2021 vaccinated passengers (and those with a prior infection) born in 2004 or earlier, must present a negative PCR or antigen test (not older than 72 hours) prior to boarding a vessel to Iceland.

I have just booked my supervised Lateral Flow (Antigen) test for my 31 July departure and now I am unsure of what is correct.  Will British Airways allow me on the plane? Will the Icelandic Authorities allow me into the country?

Our departure is July 26 10:25 PM. It would be great to know today. I have a call in to Viking and I'm in the queue for Delta. As soon as my travel agent wakes up I'll get her to connect with her contact. I have a PCR test booked for Saturday morning but I was planning on canceling that for the rapid antigen test I have booked for Sunday as I'm concerned about having the results in time. Stressful. 

11 minutes ago, NeilP57 said:

Definitively looks like a discrepancy.  Did you reach out to Viking?

Just now, miaf said:

Definitively looks like a discrepancy.  Did you reach out to Viking?

I have just spoken to my TA who will contact Viking here in the UK.

However, I fear they will just repeat to my TA what they have just published in their document.

I will update when I get a response.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Steve NH said:

Our departure is July 26 10:25 PM. It would be great to know today. I have a call in to Viking and I'm in the queue for Delta. As soon as my travel agent wakes up I'll get her to connect with her contact. I have a PCR test booked for Saturday morning but I was planning on canceling that for the rapid antigen test I have booked for Sunday as I'm concerned about having the results in time. Stressful. 

Delta’s website says PCR or antigen which is consistent with the Iceland site

I just chatted with the Delta rep. She went to the Iceland website and told me that a PCR or viral antigen test is acceptable. It appears that Delta doesn't have procedures in place yet. So reassuring. I am waiting for a call back from Viking.

For completeness this is what the visit.covid.is site is currently saying for arrivals from July 27th

https://visit.covid.is/registration/

Valid from 27.07.2021

Per Icelandic regulations all travellers arriving in Iceland, after more than a 24 hour stay in the last 14 days in risk areas defined by the Chief Epidemiologist, are subject to certain measures at the border due to COVID-19:

• See also covid.is including a web chat for questions.

Travellers born 2004 and earlier:

• All travellers are required to fill out this pre-registration before arrival, which includes their contact information, confirmation of presenting a negative test taken before departure, any additional certificates, address during quarantine and a declaration of health.
  • Travellers can be denied boarding by airline if they have not pre-registered or they do not have the appropriate certificates.
  • All travellers  are required to present a negative test, that is not more than 72 hours old at boarding.
    • If a traveller is arriving on a connecting flight then the 72 hours are counted from boarding of the first flight. This can be demonstrated with the boarding pass from the first leg.
  • Travellers who reside in Iceland or have a social network in Iceland are encouraged to undergo a PCR-test immediately upon arrival and to follow rules of quarantine until results are received. A PCR-test can be obtained at Keflavik airport upon arrival if it is ordered beforehand on heilsuvera.is (you need to have Icelandic electronic ID). Others can get a test at Sudurlandsbraut 34 in Reykjavik or at other locations with the primary health care service. Note if there is a high demand for testing at the airport passengers will be directed to Reykjavik/the primary health care service.
  • Travellers who present a valid certificate of full vaccination or previous infection:
    • Need to present a negative PCR-or antigen test upon arrival that is not more than 72 hours old at boarding.
    • Travellers who do not present a negative test upon arrival will be required to take a PCR-test at the border and to follow rules of quarantine until results are received.
    • Travellers who present a negative test upon arrival do not need to undergo a PCR-test at the border and are exempt from quarantine.
    • If less than 14 days have passed from completion of vaccination then the traveller will be required to undergo one PCR-test at the border and to follow rules of quarantine until results are received.

Hopefully Viking will clarify quickly what they are doing and why they have added an additional burden to some of their most loyal customers.

1 minute ago, NeilP57 said:

Hopefully Viking will clarify quickly what they are doing and why they have added an additional burden to some of their most loyal customers.

I agree with you...clarity is of the utmost importance.  This is what we went through with our Bermuda cruise...one hand didn't know what the other hand was doing.   In the end, YOU are responsible for getting into Iceland legally and you alone will have to answer for not having the right papers or tests...not Viking.  I'm pretty sure it states that somewhere in the contract we sign...yes?    Knowing that, I would go with what the covid.is website says first and foremost.    

Best of luck and I hope things get straightened out very quickly!

6 minutes ago, NeilP57 said:

For completeness this is what the visit.covid.is site is currently saying for arrivals from July 27th

https://visit.covid.is/registration/

Valid from 27.07.2021

Per Icelandic regulations all travellers arriving in Iceland, after more than a 24 hour stay in the last 14 days in risk areas defined by the Chief Epidemiologist, are subject to certain measures at the border due to COVID-19:

• See also covid.is including a web chat for questions.

Travellers born 2004 and earlier:

• All travellers are required to fill out this pre-registration before arrival, which includes their contact information, confirmation of presenting a negative test taken before departure, any additional certificates, address during quarantine and a declaration of health.
  • Travellers can be denied boarding by airline if they have not pre-registered or they do not have the appropriate certificates.
  • All travellers  are required to present a negative test, that is not more than 72 hours old at boarding.
    • If a traveller is arriving on a connecting flight then the 72 hours are counted from boarding of the first flight. This can be demonstrated with the boarding pass from the first leg.
  • Travellers who reside in Iceland or have a social network in Iceland are encouraged to undergo a PCR-test immediately upon arrival and to follow rules of quarantine until results are received. A PCR-test can be obtained at Keflavik airport upon arrival if it is ordered beforehand on heilsuvera.is (you need to have Icelandic electronic ID). Others can get a test at Sudurlandsbraut 34 in Reykjavik or at other locations with the primary health care service. Note if there is a high demand for testing at the airport passengers will be directed to Reykjavik/the primary health care service.
  • Travellers who present a valid certificate of full vaccination or previous infection:
    • Need to present a negative PCR-or antigen test upon arrival that is not more than 72 hours old at boarding.
    • Travellers who do not present a negative test upon arrival will be required to take a PCR-test at the border and to follow rules of quarantine until results are received.
    • Travellers who present a negative test upon arrival do not need to undergo a PCR-test at the border and are exempt from quarantine.
    • If less than 14 days have passed from completion of vaccination then the traveller will be required to undergo one PCR-test at the border and to follow rules of quarantine until results are received.

FYI: I think that link to "negative PCR or antigen test" is old as it states that if you have been vaccinated you don't need to have a test and that rapid antigen tests are NOT acceptable. Maybe Viking is going by this as well.

Anyway, I was able to change our rapid antigen test ($48) to rapid PCR tests ($219) on Sunday. Just to be safe. I've devoted way too much time to this issue.

2 hours ago, NeilP57 said:

I have just spoken to my TA who will contact Viking here in the UK.

However, I fear they will just repeat to my TA what they have just published in their document.

I will update when I get a response.

thank you for the heads up!  This could certainly further complicate things for us, and may not be possible to get over the weekend as we'd likely need to do to meet the 72 hr requirement.  Back to the drawing board.

This is where I have got to with my TA and Viking as at close of play on Thursday.

My TA called me back to say that Viking have repeated the statement that a PCR test is required. They explained that differing parts of the Icelandic websites say different things and in their view in such circumstances it is better to be cautious and therefore a PCR was recommended. I was told that I would receive something shortly from Viking. I looked at the website page that Viking had offered up as being at odds with the main site that says PCR or Antigen and it was far from conclusive that it was dealing with the post 26 July situation. However, they said Viking would be writing to me, via my TA shortly.

This has now been received as is reproduced in full. Please note that this is from Viking in the UK.

22JUL2021

Dear Viking Guest,

As you prepare to travel with us, please keep the following important travel milestones in mind. To ensure your entry into Iceland is seamless, we have prepared the following detailed timeline to help you be ready to join us on board.

We ask that you review it and collect all the necessary travel documentation as outlined for presentation at the various checkpoints along the way (i.e. departure airport, customs and immigration on arrival). Without them, you may be denied the ability to travel to and enter Iceland.

As you know, all guests are required to be fully vaccinated prior to boarding the ship. If you have not received your final dose by 14 days prior to your departure, please contact your Travel Advisor or Viking. You will need to rebook to a later time - at least 14 days after your final vaccine dose.

Accepted COVID-19 vaccines listed below:

• Moderna (Moderna)
  • Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty)
  • Johnson & Johnson (Janssen)
  • AstraZeneca/Oxford (Covishield, Vaxzevria)
  • Sinopharm (Hayat-Vax)

WHEN

DESCRIPTION

By now

VeriFLY Vaccine Certification
We have partnered with VeriFLY to certify your vaccination certification. To complete the process, follow the steps outlined here.

Note, VeriFLY will provide your approved certification status directly to the ship, who in turn will provide it to the appropriate authorities. Your status will change to "Ready to Travel" in the app, but there is no additional documentation for you to keep track of.

3 days prior
to departure

Iceland Pre-registration Form
You will need to fill out a pre-registration form at https://visit.covid.is/registration, which will require the following 2 steps:

Step 1: Health Declaration and mobile phone verification. You will be asked for your mobile number and will be required to request a verification number before you can continue. When you receive the verification number, enter and submit it as directed. 

Step 2: Registration information.
After entering your information, you must then "Choose what you are doing upon arrival to Iceland":

• Select: "Present a valid certificate for exception/other documents" (vaccination certificate).
  • Confirmation: check appropriate boxes. 
  • Select: Confirm and Send. 

You will receive a Confirmation Email with a link to a barcode that must be presented upon your arrival to Iceland. Please print or it have available on your mobile phone.

Important: If you are a cruise-only guest and arranging your own air, please ensure that you have checked local requirements for your arrival port and contacted your air carrier for their requirements.

Tip: If you have received a printed document, you can take a picture of the paperwork to generate a jpg from your phone.

Within 3 days of departure Pre-departure PCR Test
Currently the government guidance advises that you must be fully vaccinated the enter Iceland, and you will also need to present a negative PCR or antigen (rapid) test that is no more than 72 hours old before departing to Iceland. 

Please check FCO advice here for the most up-to-date information as entry requirements can change with little notice.

1 day prior
to departure

Travel Document Preparation

• Valid Passport (Passport must be valid for 6 months beyond your planned trip dates.)
  • Confirmation of pre-registration for visiting Iceland - Either print your barcode or have the email confirmation available to click the link and show upon arrival to Iceland.
  • Proof of FDA/WHO approved COVID-19 vaccine
  • Cruise Itinerary (Viking Journey Summary emailed to you by Viking) - to verify your "Address in Iceland"

Tip: While digital documents on your phone are accepted, they will slow your clearance through the checkpoints in the Iceland arrival terminal, so we suggest printing your documentation and having it available throughout your journey.

On arrival 

Entering Iceland
In addition to the documents above, you will need the following:

• Boarding pass (Your seat assignment will be recorded for contact tracing purposes by the Iceland Travel Authority.)
  • Completed Customs and Immigration Forms: provided by your flight crew

Tip: Bring a pen as there are no pens available on board.

At the Airport
Your documents will be reviewed at various checkpoints in the arrival terminal. You will need documents as follows:

• Document Check and Travel Authorisation (At Departure)
    • Iceland Pre-registration Confirmation (ensure yours has a bar code)
  • Immigration (Upon arrival in Iceland)
    • Passport (Passport must be valid for 6 months beyond your planned trip dates.)
    • Immigration form (provided on board flight)
    • Cruise Itinerary (Viking Journey Summary) - to verify your "Address in Iceland"
  • Customs
    • Customs form (provided on board your flight)
    • Cruise Itinerary (Viking Journey Summary) - to verify your "Address in Iceland"
    • Boarding Pass
  • Transfer to ship for Embarkation

Please note that as more travellers visit Iceland, some of the checkpoint stations may change and/or be combined.

You will also need to undergo the following COVID-19 screening prior to your cruise:

• Temperature check (a temperature reading of less than 100.4F/38C).
  • Questions in relation to your general health, COVID-19 symptoms, or possible exposure.
  • Accept and agree to using contact-tracing technology during your cruise.
  • Complete any required check-in procedures.
  • You will be escorted aboard the ship, shown your muster station and proceed to your stateroom where you will be required to provide a saliva sample for a COVID-19 test. While waiting for your test results, you will be able to use the public spaces on board observing current mask and social distancing requirements. 

For your convenience, a document checklist for your trip can be found below this message. You may also view your pre-cruise requirements in more detailhere.

We look forward to welcoming you on board.

Sincerely,

Viking

ICELAND - DOCUMENT CHECKLIST

• Iceland Pre-registration Confirmation
  • Valid passport (must be valid for 6 months beyond your planned trip dates)
  • Proof of FDA/WHO authorised COVID-19 vaccine
  • Pre-departure COVID-19 PCR negative test results 
  • Confirmation of valid travel insurance policy
  • Cruise itinerary (Viking Journey Summary)
  • Pen

Viking Cruises

In the relevant paragraph It clearly states that an Antigen test is sufficient. However, both the header on that section and the summary at the end say just a PCR test.

The UK Government site that they refer to under Iceland has also been updated during the day to say that if you have a valid vaccination  certificate a negative PCR or an Antigen test is acceptable.

So it has been another very frustrating day but it looks like we have got  the correct answer at the end of the day. Once again, Viking could have avoided this with a little more care about the documents they issue. I know it cannot be easy as we demand information quickly following a countries entry requirements change but there is little excuse for the mistakes they have made on this topic.

It is also doesn't come a great surprise that the link in the document that they sent out was to an old out of date document dated June 24th instead of the new one on the website dated July 21st.

Edited by NeilP57

I haven't read all the posts, but just wanted to mention that in the U.S., Quest Labs has PCR tests with 1 or 2 day turnaround and states most Americans will not incur charges.  And I agree with what a Viking rep told me after getting help swapping the time on an excursion.  She told me Viking recommends PCR because (I'm paraphrasing) airlines can require a specific type, a country/airline/whatever/whoever can backtrack on acceptance of antigen results, and PCR testing has a higher accuracy rate). I'm going with PCR. 

I found a lab that does PCR testing that is open Saturday mornings. They have locations in Northern Virginia, Florida, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. https://www.ionscientific.com I called the lab I would visit and seems that it will meet the PCR requirement and timeline for departing on a Monday evening flight. 

1 hour ago, NeilP57 said:

This is where I have got to with my TA and Viking as at close of play on Thursday.

My TA called me back to say that Viking have repeated the statement that a PCR test is required. They explained that differing parts of the Icelandic websites say different things and in their view in such circumstances it is better to be cautious and therefore a PCR was recommended. I was told that I would receive something shortly from Viking. I looked at the website page that Viking had offered up as being at odds with the main site that says PCR or Antigen and it was far from conclusive that it was dealing with the post 26 July situation. However, they said Viking would be writing to me, via my TA shortly.

This has now been received as is reproduced in full. Please note that this is from Viking in the UK.

22JUL2021

Dear Viking Guest,

As you prepare to travel with us, please keep the following important travel milestones in mind. To ensure your entry into Iceland is seamless, we have prepared the following detailed timeline to help you be ready to join us on board.

We ask that you review it and collect all the necessary travel documentation as outlined for presentation at the various checkpoints along the way (i.e. departure airport, customs and immigration on arrival). Without them, you may be denied the ability to travel to and enter Iceland.

As you know, all guests are required to be fully vaccinated prior to boarding the ship. If you have not received your final dose by 14 days prior to your departure, please contact your Travel Advisor or Viking. You will need to rebook to a later time - at least 14 days after your final vaccine dose.

Accepted COVID-19 vaccines listed below:

• Moderna (Moderna)
  • Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty)
  • Johnson & Johnson (Janssen)
  • AstraZeneca/Oxford (Covishield, Vaxzevria)
  • Sinopharm (Hayat-Vax)

WHEN

DESCRIPTION

By now

VeriFLY Vaccine Certification
We have partnered with VeriFLY to certify your vaccination certification. To complete the process, follow the steps outlined here.

Note, VeriFLY will provide your approved certification status directly to the ship, who in turn will provide it to the appropriate authorities. Your status will change to "Ready to Travel" in the app, but there is no additional documentation for you to keep track of.

3 days prior
to departure

Iceland Pre-registration Form
You will need to fill out a pre-registration form at https://visit.covid.is/registration, which will require the following 2 steps:

Step 1: Health Declaration and mobile phone verification. You will be asked for your mobile number and will be required to request a verification number before you can continue. When you receive the verification number, enter and submit it as directed. 

Step 2: Registration information.
After entering your information, you must then "Choose what you are doing upon arrival to Iceland":

• Select: "Present a valid certificate for exception/other documents" (vaccination certificate).
  • Confirmation: check appropriate boxes. 
  • Select: Confirm and Send. 

You will receive a Confirmation Email with a link to a barcode that must be presented upon your arrival to Iceland. Please print or it have available on your mobile phone.

Important: If you are a cruise-only guest and arranging your own air, please ensure that you have checked local requirements for your arrival port and contacted your air carrier for their requirements.

Tip: If you have received a printed document, you can take a picture of the paperwork to generate a jpg from your phone.

Within 3 days of departure Pre-departure PCR Test
Currently the government guidance advises that you must be fully vaccinated the enter Iceland, and you will also need to present a negative PCR or antigen (rapid) test that is no more than 72 hours old before departing to Iceland. 

Please check FCO advice here for the most up-to-date information as entry requirements can change with little notice.

1 day prior
to departure

Travel Document Preparation

• Valid Passport (Passport must be valid for 6 months beyond your planned trip dates.)
  • Confirmation of pre-registration for visiting Iceland - Either print your barcode or have the email confirmation available to click the link and show upon arrival to Iceland.
  • Cruise Itinerary (Viking Journey Summary emailed to you by Viking) - to verify your "Address in Iceland"

Tip: While digital documents on your phone are accepted, they will slow your clearance through the checkpoints in the Iceland arrival terminal, so we suggest printing your documentation and having it available throughout your journey.

On arrival 

Entering Iceland
In addition to the documents above, you will need the following:

• Boarding pass (Your seat assignment will be recorded for contact tracing purposes by the Iceland Travel Authority.)
  • Completed Customs and Immigration Forms: provided by your flight crew

Tip: Bring a pen as there are no pens available on board.

At the Airport
Your documents will be reviewed at various checkpoints in the arrival terminal. You will need documents as follows:

• Document Check and Travel Authorisation (At Departure)
  • Immigration (Upon arrival in Iceland)
    • Passport (Passport must be valid for 6 months beyond your planned trip dates.)
    • Immigration form (provided on board flight)
  • Customs
    • Customs form (provided on board your flight)
    • Boarding Pass
  • Transfer to ship for Embarkation

Please note that as more travellers visit Iceland, some of the checkpoint stations may change and/or be combined.

You will also need to undergo the following COVID-19 screening prior to your cruise:

• Temperature check (a temperature reading of less than 100.4F/38C).
  • Questions in relation to your general health, COVID-19 symptoms, or possible exposure.
  • Accept and agree to using contact-tracing technology during your cruise.
  • Complete any required check-in procedures.
  • You will be escorted aboard the ship, shown your muster station and proceed to your stateroom where you will be required to provide a saliva sample for a COVID-19 test. While waiting for your test results, you will be able to use the public spaces on board observing current mask and social distancing requirements. 

For your convenience, a document checklist for your trip can be found below this message. You may also view your pre-cruise requirements in more detailhere.

We look forward to welcoming you on board.

Sincerely,

Viking

ICELAND - DOCUMENT CHECKLIST

• Iceland Pre-registration Confirmation
  • Valid passport (must be valid for 6 months beyond your planned trip dates)
  • Proof of FDA/WHO authorised COVID-19 vaccine
  • Pre-departure COVID-19 PCR negative test results 
  • Confirmation of valid travel insurance policy
  • Cruise itinerary (Viking Journey Summary)
  • Pen

Viking Cruises

In the relevant paragraph It clearly states that an Antigen test is sufficient. However, both the header on that section and the summary at the end say just a PCR test.

The UK Government site that they refer to under Iceland has also been updated during the day to say that if you have a valid vaccination  certificate a negative PCR or an Antigen test is acceptable.

So it has been another very frustrating day but it looks like we have got  the correct answer at the end of the day. Once again, Viking could have avoided this with a little more care about the documents they issue. I know it cannot be easy as we demand information quickly following a countries entry requirements change but there is little excuse for the mistakes they have made on this topic.

Very interesting. I just received an email from Viking in regards to PCR vs antigen and mine still says PCR. I also spoke with a customer rep at Viking who said the same thing. She said it was according to Iceland’s requirements. She looked up the official Iceland website and was surprised to find that antigen tests were acceptable for fully vaccinated travelers. Hopefully the will send out revisions soon

• Like 2