E tickets and boarding passes

jammer1000

Hi, we cruise on august 7th on Virtuosa and have done online check in but are unable to print e-tickets and boarding passes. Tried app and website on various devices. Sometimes get error message, sometimes just nothing. No info re embarkation time. Is this because it is too soon to do this? Will MSC just email this direct? Many thanks 

22 minutes ago, jammer1000 said:

Hi, we cruise on august 7th on Virtuosa and have done online check in but are unable to print e-tickets and boarding passes. Tried app and website on various devices. Sometimes get error message, sometimes just nothing. No info re embarkation time. Is this because it is too soon to do this? Will MSC just email this direct? Many thanks 

Hi make sure everything is filled in within the check in area sometimes the smallest thing I.e the country on your address can stop it. Have they got your insurance details? I had to give my TA insurance details to pass to msc before they released the tickets. If you've done all of that then call msc tomorrow and if no issues they should be able to email your tickets to you there and then. If booked with TA contact them and get them to chase. You should have tickets and embarkation times by now.

10 hours ago, jammer1000 said:

We've got the same problem, all check in details are complete, but it won't print e-tickets, just gives error message. There's nowhere to put insurance details, so that can't be the issue surely. I'm too busy at work to spend an hour plus waiting for MSC to answer the phone!!

9 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

There ist box, put in your email address.

Press send, there will be a fault message, but your Tix are send imidiately...

Thanks, but doesn't work for me. Just error message and tickets not received.

10 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

But you have the 2 green ,✔️ at CI box?

I'm not sure what the C1 box is, but on the website everything has green ticks, including:

"Thank you! All guest information has been provided"

12 hours ago, jammer1000 said:

Hi we had the same problem because they don't update details on the app very well. Un-install the app then reinstall it, login with your booking number go to my profile then checkin section and you should be able to send your e tickets to your email. Don't forget they will only issue the tickets 20 days prior to sailing.

7 minutes ago, Two 2 Tango said:

Hi we had the same problem because they don't update details on the app very well. Un-install the app then reinstall it, login with your booking number go to my profile then checkin section and you should be able to send your e tickets to your email. Don't forget they will only issue the tickets 20 days prior to sailing.

I've un-installed and re-installed the app, and logged in again, and I still get an error message when I try and send e-tickets to my e-mail!  I sail in 11 days.

I phoned MSC and they e-mailed the e-tickets. Only 1 hour 20 minute wait on the phone, so not too bad!

With what they e-mailed me there isn't anything labelled a Boarding Pass as such, but there is an Embarkation Form. Are these the same thing?

What also doesn't work is the credit card registration, which just gives an error message.

5 hours ago, colsky said:

With what they e-mailed me there isn't anything labelled a Boarding Pass as such, but there is an Embarkation Form. Are these the same thing?

What also doesn't work is the credit card registration, which just gives an error message.

Yes, the Embarkation Form is the boarding pass. The credit card registration on-line has never worked as far as I’m aware, there are machines on board to do it within 48 hours of sailing.

• Like 2

Thank you all. I’ve DM’d them via Twitter and am awaiting reply as currently the phone waits in the UK are terribly long and it’s difficult with working to take the time. I’ll update if I get any joy. Thank you for the advice everyone. 

• 10 months later...

So an "E-Ticket" isn't really an electronic ticket that you can use on your smartphone then? It's basically a boarding pass/embarkation form?  I thought if I downloaded the MSC For Me app, it would appear on that.  Airlines (even Spirit) and hotels all utilize apps to check-in/board.  

I tried unsuccessfully for several days to print our documents, after reading these comments I went back on my app. (We are a month out from our cruise).  Went to profile/check in/review and edit/scroll all the way down click "E-Ticket" and it came through immediately for me!

• Thanks 1