PCR test required for re-entry to Canada

bob&france

We’re sailing on a transatlantic on Oct 31/2021 arriving in Florida on a Royal Caribbean ship. Royal confirms that they will provide us a Covid 19 test prior to disembarkation but no-one can confirm that they can offer us the PCR option.

Has anyone either sailed on Royal and received the PCR test prior to disembarkation or spoken to RCCL and had it confirmed that a PCR test will be available.

thanks, Bob

7 hours ago, bob&france said:

Ok thanks… darn, so close to getting my answer . Shame you couldn’t share your info,ah well.

cheers

I don't remember what the answer is because I have never cruised with RCCL.

I just remember reading the question and the answer.

Hey Bob...I just checked RCCL website and it states that the following:

Q

The country we are returning to after the cruise requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test result for those re-entering the country by international air. For my cruise departing from Barcelona or Rome, will Royal Caribbean administer the required re-entry test? Who pays for it?

A

For Cruises Departing from Barcelona, Spain

All guests will be required to take a test at the end of their cruise as part of our new protocols when cruising from Spain. If the type of test required to enter Spain does not adhere to your country requirements, we will provide a complimentary COVID_19 test, if it is required for re-entry to your onward country.  Cruise guests should plan to fly home within 24 hours of departing the ship, for the test result to be within the valid window. Additional details will be provided onboard.

Please ensure you check your country of residence local travel guidance for any additional testing that may be required upon your arrival home.

So, there is no mention of the type of test.  Personally, I would have a back-up option.

• Like 1

I was able to see that RCCI does offer PCR tests on board for sailings in the US , so I hope they have the same for sailings from Spain. Just can’t get that in writing yet… RCCI says additional details will come our closer to sailing….which will be past final pyt due date….arghhhh

• Like 1