Anyone done "The Studio" photography onboard?

panmalv

Just wondering if anyone has done "The Studio" photography lately?  I am wondering what (approximately) is the cost?  Are they still doing it on current sailings?  Any recent experiences would be appreciated.  We'll be on an Alaska cruise soon and are interested in having a portrait session, and I'd like to have an idea about what to budget for it.  It's still on the website, but there's not much information there, and nothing about price (just that there's no sitting fee upfront required).

Many thanks!

Sorry, I have not done this, but a small clue about cost might be found by looking at the Captain's Club Discounts. X says "up to $300 off Studio Packages for Classic members and above." This discount varies by CC level as

$100 off for Classic,

$150 off for Select,

$200 off for Elite,

$250 off for Elite+, and

$300 off for Zenith.

With discounts like that, the packages must not be cheap.

We did this in December 2019. They offer a number of options after the photo session. All of them were very pricey but the pics were gorgeous. At first we balked at the price but then I was struck by the memory of a friend who was recently widowed and realized that one day those photos might be priceless to one of us. We bought just the digital images of 5 pics and I think it was $500. 

We did it years ago. The session is free, and they took probably a hundred or more pictures, but of course actually getting them costs you, and it is not inexpensive. We ended up getting a set of the best 20 or so pictures on a memory stick and a set printed up and bound in a beautiful book. I still look at those pictures years later and smile, and the book remains on our mantle. It's expensive, but I don't regret it (even if it would have been less on land).