Booking process after a Covid cancellation

Robert Oleschak

Hello fellow Viking Cruise fans. I am wondering what Viking has been doing for guests when they have had to cancel a cruise due to covid. We recently had our South Pacific Sojourn for this November cancelled. We were notified via email that we would have a future cruise credit issued to us. I was reading over some of the posts on various forums and it sounded like some travellers had the same itinerary moved forward to another sailing time by Viking. When I contacted Viking to see about rebooking we were shocked that the same itinerary next year would cost us about $6000.00 canadian more. Thats about 25% increase. Needless to say we are a bit disappointed in that we had our existing cruise fully paid for including prepaid gratuities and Viking air plus.  So my question is  what did Viking do for you when your sailing was canceled?

5 hours ago, Robert Oleschak said:

Hello fellow Viking Cruise fans. I am wondering what Viking has been doing for guests when they have had to cancel a cruise due to covid. We recently had our South Pacific Sojourn for this November cancelled. We were notified via email that we would have a future cruise credit issued to us. I was reading over some of the posts on various forums and it sounded like some travellers had the same itinerary moved forward to another sailing time by Viking. When I contacted Viking to see about rebooking we were shocked that the same itinerary next year would cost us about $6000.00 canadian more. Thats about 25% increase. Needless to say we are a bit disappointed in that we had our existing cruise fully paid for including prepaid gratuities and Viking air plus.  So my question is  what did Viking do for you when your sailing was canceled?

We didn't have a Viking cruise cancelled; so I can't answer your question.  However, we did have an Oceania cruise cancelled.  They refunded our money.  I don't think there were any "move" offers.  In our case, it didn't matter, because they weren't repeating our itinerary in 2022. 

We were provided a FCV for 125% of all monies paid to Viking. This is normally included in the same email that advises you of the cancellation. The email also advises, should you want a cash refund, you have a set number of days to call Viking to request a refund. The cash refund is 100% of all monies paid.

I believe that the ones getting rebooked onto Mars may be from Australia/NZ, so could be an initiative from their local office.

Edited by Heidi13