Decent Airfares Out There

PoohUnderstands

Heads up.

BCN RT for September, 2006, prices are looking decent as far as times and connection times with a price of $566 total pp! Of course this means two stops, but aren't bad. For example, the one I looked at was FLL to EWR to Milan, Italy, and then BCN, using Delta, Ilitalia over and back, and then Continental home. I don't want two stops, but pretty impressive prices since I started looking back at 329 days in November, 2006. Good hunting!

Pooh

We booked a cruise out of San Juan in September 2006 and the cruiseline wanted $580. for cruiseline airfare. I said heck with that and did some looking around and found Delta, United, AA, and Northwest charging $599 and up to fly out of Richmond, Va to San Juan. Historically Richmond is one of the higher airports in the country anyway.

The other day I went on Continental website and found a flight and times that I wanted for $308.00 plus tax so about $354.00 a person so I jumped right on that. None of the low cost carriers we have even go to San Juan and if they do I don't think they can beat that price. It is not a direct flight but neither was none of the other flights I was looking at.

It pays to do some checking and re-checking and find the price that you are comfortable with and book it and then you have that done.

Then you can just get ready to enjoy the cruise.

I sure wish I had booked a couple weeks ago !! My cruise is not 'til Oct, so I figured I had lots of time, and would wait for a good sale. Well, the flight I liked the best was priced at $870 PP two weeks ago, two days ago it jumped to $1161 PP. So of course I figured, wait, it'll drop back down. Well, guess what ?? Today the same flight is $1621 !!! I can't believe that this flight would jump that dramatically in such a short period of time. I think I'll start looking for an alternate flight , maybe with an additional stop, and hope to lower this cost.

Archived