Anyone had an upsell offer?

Jane21

So far, the Odyssey is running at very low capacity, so it makes sense Seabourn will offer upgrades with all the unsold inventory of suites. We don't know how the bookings look later in the summer and fall, but the addition a few weeks ago of air credits and higher onboard credit suggests that they are far from filling the ship. 

I had a situation where I was seeking some form of adjustment after Seabourn made that pricing change (added $200 OBC and $1,000 air credits) after we booked and paid. Seabourn offered an upgrade from our V3 suite to a V6, a $900 per person retail value. But that was the same suite, just on a higher deck -- and I didn't consider that an advantage or an upgrade to what we consider a convenient and well-placed suite on Deck 6. In the end, we stuck with our original suite and held out for additional onboard credit from Seabourn.

I know that isn't the same as a Seabourn upsell offer to a higher category of suite; I just wanted to make the point to anyone reading that not all "upgrades" really are upgrades. If the upgrade is from a veranda cabin to a penthouse suite, that's a definite step up to larger accommodations, which might be appealing to some people. The jump from a V3 suite to a penthouse suite, for example, has a retail price of $4,200 ($2,100 per person). If that upgrade was was offered for, say, $2,000, it might be enticing; on the other hand, it would still represent a roughly 25% increase in the cost of your cruise, so it just depends on how you look at it and value the higher-level suite. We spend most of our time in public spaces on the ship, so a larger suite is nice but of somewhat limited value; other people might prefer to have more meals in their suite, or to have friends join them for a party or meal, in which case a larger suite is of greater value.

That all said, for the original question from @Jane21, I haven't yet seen any posts about people getting upgrade offers on these cruises. Our cruise isnt' until late September, so it's probably too soon for them to be trying to do upsets. Have you received such an offer? 

1 hour ago, cruiseej said:

So far, the Odyssey is running at very low capacity, so it makes sense Seabourn will offer upgrades with all the unsold inventory of suites. We don't know how the bookings look later in the summer and fall, but the addition a few weeks ago of air credits and higher onboard credit suggests that they are far from filling the ship. 

I had a situation where I was seeking some form of adjustment after Seabourn made that pricing change (added $200 OBC and $1,000 air credits) after we booked and paid. Seabourn offered an upgrade from our V3 suite to a V6, a $900 per person retail value. But that was the same suite, just on a higher deck -- and I didn't consider that an advantage or an upgrade to what we consider a convenient and well-placed suite on Deck 6. In the end, we stuck with our original suite and held out for additional onboard credit from Seabourn.

I know that isn't the same as a Seabourn upsell offer to a higher category of suite; I just wanted to make the point to anyone reading that not all "upgrades" really are upgrades. If the upgrade is from a veranda cabin to a penthouse suite, that's a definite step up to larger accommodations, which might be appealing to some people. The jump from a V3 suite to a penthouse suite, for example, has a retail price of $4,200 ($2,100 per person). If that upgrade was was offered for, say, $2,000, it might be enticing; on the other hand, it would still represent a roughly 25% increase in the cost of your cruise, so it just depends on how you look at it and value the higher-level suite. We spend most of our time in public spaces on the ship, so a larger suite is nice but of somewhat limited value; other people might prefer to have more meals in their suite, or to have friends join them for a party or meal, in which case a larger suite is of greater value.

That all said, for the original question from @Jane21, I haven't yet seen any posts about people getting upgrade offers on these cruises. Our cruise isnt' until late September, so it's probably too soon for them to be trying to do upsets. Have you received such an offer? 

Not received any offer. 
Penthouse/Penthouse Spa/Owner suites are still available for cruises departing this Sunday and next few weeks and just wondering if no offers have been sent out or people unhappy with offer and not taken them up.

• Thanks 1