Comments on the July 26 protocols

Lakesregion

I certainly hope that these protocols are NOT in place for the 2023 world cruise. Having to make daily dinner reservations is a royal pain. The only fun way to do the full world of 117 days is to have a set table in Britannia at 8:30 pm and have the same 8 - 10 table mates. Other wise why spend the money for an at home restaurant experience. The same goes for supervised on shore tours. If one can not just jump off and on the ship when it is in port and explore at your leisure then it may as well be a senior bus tour in the state of Vermont.

It is still way to early to panic but so far the experience (Cunard's begging not withstanding) is not looking remotely like a real Cunard experience. And no dancing with the single ladies. Horrors.

I share the same concern.  There's a QM2 sailing that I had been considering but with all of the non-stop "delta variant, delta variant" daily news chatter I'm not confident that on board masking, distancing, and dining restrictions will be lifted.  Having a long dinner with 8-10 table mates isn't going to happen in the forseeable future.  I have to ask myself if I want to spend that much money and not be able to enjoy the ship as I had in the past.  If a final payment was due today I'd cancel rather  than pay.