Can you freeze kiwi??

GLCAS

It's probably too late for your poor kiwis, but (next time) I would pulp them and freeze that. It doesn't freeze hard like an ice cube, but as long as you use it within about a month, it should be okay. Have you tried the golden kiwis? Tres yummy!

Happy sails,

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...
It's probably too late for your poor kiwis, but (next time) I would pulp them and freeze that. It doesn't freeze hard like an ice cube, but as long as you use it within about a month, it should be okay. Have you tried the golden kiwis? Tres yummy!

Happy sails,

Charlie

My husband is a Kiwi and I don't think he would like to be pulped OR frozen! haha

Kiwi, Mangoes, Passion fruit and other "tropicals" can usually be frozen when pureed, but in my experience they don't do as well frozen whole or in large chunks. However, Costco sells frozen fruit in a large package that includes peaches (similar texture) so it can probably be done - I would love to know the secret!

I've frozen mangos, kiwi and even the applepears, but I set them out (like strawberries) on a cookie sheet in the freezer after I cut them up, and then when they're partially frozen use my Tilia foodkeeper to vacuum-seal them.

The longest I've been able to keep them (someone keeps eating them:rolleyes: ) though is about a month. Don't know how they'd keep beyond that. And I don't thaw them completely... leave some crystals in them.

Marg

Archived