Anyone have a suggestion????

Hubbs and I just returned from a Viking Bermuda cruise. Bermuda required a PCR ( or a rtPCR) test within 4 days prior to arrival.  Seeing as the cruise sailed on a Tues, this meant getting the test on a Fri or Sat ( Bermuda also requires an application 24-72 hours prior to arrival for a "travel Authorization" that includes vaccination status and  a neg rtPCR/PCR test).  It can be done.  Google search will be your friend.  Just make sure the rapid test is actually a PCR test and not an antigen test.  BUT, it will prob cost you.  Ours cost $150 pp but we got the results in 4-5 hours.  As  aside note,  the Walgreens ID now test is NOT  a PCR test and the CVS in our town states 3-5 DAYS turn around time for results. 

5 hours ago, Barba21885 said:

Let me get this straight before I go into full panic attack.....this is for the 14 day cruises?  Our little four day cruise in two weeks will not be requiring testing as long as we have our vaccination cards that show we got vaccinated in April?  I didn't get any notice..but then I didn't get any notice until days after everyone else did about the minor change to Bimini.  Please calm my nerves.

New requirement were for Panama Canal cruise because it was not a closed loop cruise and ship returns to a new port. Does not effect your cruise.

8 hours ago, mondello said:

New requirement were for Panama Canal cruise because it was not a closed loop cruise and ship returns to a new port. Does not effect your cruise.

Thank you so much for answering.  You have made me feel much better for myself but concerned for cruisers subject to this.  Stay safe!!!

• Like 1

Given that Royal is now requiring similar testing 24-72 hours before embarkation for 7 day cruises and the changing COVID Delta variant situation, maybe we Carnival cruisers should all be looking at how we might meet these expectations.  I hope it does not come to pass, but.......

On 7/29/2021 at 11:08 PM, Barba21885 said:

Let me get this straight before I go into full panic attack.....this is for the 14 day cruises?  Our little four day cruise in two weeks will not be requiring testing as long as we have our vaccination cards that show we got vaccinated in April?  I didn't get any notice..but then I didn't get any notice until days after everyone else did about the minor change to Bimini.  Please calm my nerves.

I think just this one 14 day cruise and more to do with the length of the cruise and it starts before the CSO ends. Originally the CDC didn't want cruises over 7 days. Our 8 day Horizon cruise didn't have any extra hoops.

Now that Royal is requiring testing for vaccinated passengers for cruises over 5 days, I expect a change in Carnival policy.  So the hoops and worries of the Pride 14 day cruise may become something we can all experience.